Sunday, October 29, 2006

Max and Gwen





We added another Carlson to the family. He was born on October 19, 2006 at 12:49 p.m. We named him Maxwell Merrill Carlson. He was 21 inches long and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz. I was surprized that he weighed so much because he looked a lot smaller to me. But he weighed more than his 2 week old cousin did at the time. The first time Gwen saw him she looked at him for about 5 seconds and then said, "Okay we're done." And she was ready to go. She has slowly gotten used to the idea of him being around all the time. But every once in awhile she asks if she can hit him. She also has a big problem with him when he is eating. She says that it is her turn. So the other night we thought maybe if she could taste what he is eating she wouldn't want it anymore. So I poured some milk into a cup for her and she was so excited. But the look on her face when she tasted it was hilarious. She said it was "way gross". But the next day she wanted it again. I did give her some in a bottle a little while later and when I saw her chomp down on that poor bottle I was glad that I didn't let her try to get it from the source. Anyway, she has her moments, but most of the time she says that he is sweet and wants to hold him and rubs his head. She did make me give her a spongebath yesterday after seeing me give Max one. I realized how big she was after moving a tiny baby off of the towel and seeing her lie down in his spot. So I thought it would be appropriate to add a picture of her last trip to the park as an only child. Poor girl. (The picture is sideways cause I didn't edit it before adding it and now I can't figure out how to delete it.)

3 comments:

kellyrass said...

Thanks for being losers with me. Lets add some more people to our community. Max is cute. I think you should bring him to Price. He and Claire could be bam bam and pebbles for halloween!

Melissa said...

Suzy, the story about Gwen and the milk is so funny! The pictures are so cute! Happy Halloween!

Melissa

Encore Dance said...

Hey Suzy, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, but I"m a blogging Junkie. I'm glad you joined the crazy fad! max is so cute and I can't belive how old Gwen is! Your kids are darling!!
This is Julia by the way!!