Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Potty Train




Ahhh... potty training. I have been putting it off because Gwen's pediatrician said to wait until she was at least 27 months old. I don't know why. Well now she is almost 28 months old and looks like she is almost 4 so I decided to quit making excuses and saying I would do it after some big event (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) because there will always be something happening, and there are always pull ups for car trips. So last night we picked out a bunch of prizes and told her that she can pick one everytime she goes to the bathroom on the toilet. So far she has peed on the floor. It is the first day so I am hoping she starts to care more. Any ideas? I know Kelly did the prize thing with Ali and that is why I did it, but maybe Gwen is way more spoiled than Ali was.
Well I could have taken a picture of the big poo stain in the middle of our living room last week (one of the reasons we decided we better get on the potty train as Gwen calls it), but I didn't take any. So here are some pictures of our family and Gwen and Max being cute.

4 comments:

kellyrass said...

The worst thing ever is getting advice on potty training. You are so defensive and you feel so stupid on your first one. Here's what I have to say. Girls are really hard,(I only have one, but I've heard that.)It is gross changing a 2 year olds diaper, but don't feel too rushed. Loria says she potty trained Elyse and Dalin when they were one. The peed their pants everyday. Don't force it, and she's really not that old. You still have a while before it becomes funny. If she doesn't want to do it you can't make her. THE END!

kellyrass said...

The worst thing ever is getting advice on potty training. You are so defensive and you feel so stupid on your first one. Here's what I have to say. Girls are really hard,(I only have one, but I've heard that.)It is gross changing a 2 year olds diaper, but don't feel too rushed. Loria says she potty trained Elyse and Dalin when they were one. The peed their pants everyday. Don't force it, and she's really not that old. You still have a while before it becomes funny. If she doesn't want to do it you can't make her. THE END!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't have kids so I have no idea. My sister in-law, Amanda just let her little girl go naked for a couple of days. They had wood floors so it wasn't a big deal to clean up accidents. Elisa use food as a treat, but it wasn't until Miram was really ready that it worked. When she wants to she'll go and you can have a party! Good luck and you better get it all figured out for me!!! Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzy! I waited until a week before Madison's third birthday to potty train her. All this after Erik asked me everyday for about a year when I was going to potty train her. It took me one day, no lie, and she didn't have accidents. Not even pee in the bed. She wore her underwear for a day, peed in it 3 times and we were done. Marcus was another story...