Friday, July 13, 2007

Digital Scrapbooking

I just discovered a huge timesaver...digital scrapbooking. Crystal Brown told me about it awhile ago, but I didn't have photoshop so I didn't think too much more about it. Well lately I have been feeling guilty because I have all these pictures and I haven't scrapbooked hardly anything of Max's life. By the time Gwen was 6 months old she had a full 12x12 scrapbook. Of course that was before I had a digital camera and so every picture I took I was getting developed and I didn't feel like I could throw away anything that even resembled my sweet little baby. It is a lot easier to review your pictures and delete them than to throw away a print, I think. Of course the ones I keep of Max all look almost exactly alike. He is always smiling and it's the same smile, but they are different to me I guess.

So...last night Gwen was gone to her aunt Lori's, Joey was golfing, Max was asleep and I couldn't think of a thing to do. (Did I ever post about us getting rid of our satellite for the summer?) I thought it was a perfect time to catch up on scrapbooking, but I didn't want to dig out all my stuff. I remembered Crystal's idea and started googling it. I found the CUTEST scrapbook papers and such and I finally have photoshop!! It is so easy. There is no mess to clean up, it's all contained inside your computer. You just download papers, embellishments, even letters, design your page, stick your pictures on, and you're done. Everything I found was free for personal use, although there were a lot of things out there for a minimal fee. I even found some premade layouts. I was surprized to find that most photo printing websites will print 12x12. Here are a few pages that I did. Of course, I haven't gotten any printed yet, so I might have to issue a retraction later when I decide that I hate them in real life. We will see.










The best site that I found was shabbyprincess.com and then click on downloads.

P.S. Another thing I liked about doing this digitally is that if you want all your pics to match you can hurry and change all the ones you want to use to black and white or tone down the color to match each other.

4 comments:

Encore Dance said...

Suzy! Thats such a good idea. You can do that on Shutterfly but I don't like most of the layouts. I'll check this out cause I need to get scrapbooken!!

kellyrass said...

Love it. Love it.

cara lou said...

Suzy--

I just recently heard about digital scrapbooking and it sounds so awesome. I'm so bad about *real* scrapbooking.

Anyway, this is a hilarious coincidence, but a couple months ago I found this girl's blog who happens to do digital scrapbooking, among other things. She also happens to be Rick Nelson's older sister. Haha! Anyway, you should go visit her blog: http://olivejuiceco.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Crystal said...

ikeagoddes.blogspot.com has links to great new freebies everyday - you should go there. Also, you should use drop shadows...just double click on the layer and then click dropshadow, it makes your elements stand out. ALSO, I'll send you the cookie recipe as soon as Steve wakes up and can tell it to me...such a lazy bum. ALSO have you ever heard postsecret.blogspot.com? I love it, they update them every sunday...it's scandalous.