Thursday, September 27, 2007

Park City



The Carlson girls finally got to be spoiled for a weekend. Well, we are all always spoiled, but we were spoiled without our kids. We got to spend a night in a penthouse suite at The Canyons in Park City. It was so strange for me to pack a bag for no one but myself. That hasn't happened in over five years. I always have to pack for Joey and myself, and of course now the kids. It was so quick and easy. Then when I got in the car it was strange to not hear whining and crying and demanding from the backseat. Or course, I wouldn't want to go places without my kids very often because they really are fun to hang out with. But it was refreshing to be able to get out of the car and just go into a store. No getting out strollers or strapping kids into carts and going through the routine with Gwen about wanting to sit in the front of the cart, but I have to explain that Max can't sit up in the back and she won't sit in the back so she's wandering around or walking slow or getting run over by other peoples carts. I think we all need alone time once in awhile. Well anyway, it was nice and if I hadn't gotten lost a few times because of Joey's GPS and my being part idiot, it would have been perfect. We got to go shopping and ate at a nice restaurant. In the morning we all got facials or pedicures. I have never had a facial and it was soo nice.



This is the room that I stayed in with Kelly and Dion. Kelly called top bunk, but when it was time to go to bed she got to the 2nd rung on the ladder and couldn't go any further because she is afraid of heights. Apparently she is worse than Joey and my kids. Gwen won't even ride on someones shoulders. So I slept on the top.



4 comments:

cara lou said...

Thank you very much for the very sweet comment -- but I certainly don't feel like I'm any of those things!

And who's taking about beautiful photography!? You are a really good photographer. I'm always impressed!

I do wish you hadn't moved away though. But I'm glad we've managed to keep in touch all these years despite that! It's pretty amazing really -- considering I have friend who I knew much more recently who have dropped off the face of the earth. :)

Your Park City trip sounds like a ton of fun!

kellyrass said...

I was on the 3rd rung Suzy, and I wasn't afraid - I just didn't feel like it. Thanks for keeping me dry all night.

Encore Dance said...

Sounds like fun, I'm glad you all got a break. That cracks me up about kelly, isn't she tall enough to just swing her leg up and over?

Sarah said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I would say I'm green with envy, but I get weekends to myself twice a month.