Monday, November 12, 2007

Veterans Day

Well, anyone who knows me, knows that I love checking the mail. So I am always kind of disappointed on no-mail holidays. Not that I don't love the holiday, I just wish I could still walk out to my mail-box at 11:15 and not look like a loser. So my hopes for today weren't high. It started out bad. I had a headache. It was the first day of our no sugar and no meat diet, the kids were extra whiney, and Joey had to go to Delta. But after a phone call to my dad, my whole day turned around. He helped me solve a huge headache problem I have been having with my camera. So after I got off the phone I was taking pictures and the doorbell rang. I thought about ignoring it, but Gwen had already run to the window. It was my visiting teaching companion from my old ward. She moved to Elko right before I moved and it was so sad. I just love her so much, she was like my Richfield mom. So it was exciting and I was glad that I hadn't tried to hide. She even brought me a little gift. (homemade dishtowels and hotpads)



She is always so thoughtful and creative. I haven't gotten a new vt partner here yet, but I can only hope that we are as compatible as Jan and I were. To make my day even more perfect, I got mail. The FedEx man delivered my new double stroller at almost the exact time that I normally get my mail.



And before I had even finished putting it together, my brother called to say that he and my dad were coming down to visit for the day. Luke just got a new camera and is so much more artistic and talented than I am, so I love to take pictures with him. And luckily my dad loves to watch my children. Luke wanted to ask random girls if they would model for us, but I am not as brave so he settled for livestock. (He really takes good pictures and he just started a blog at royal-photography.blogspot.com) I didn't get much of the cleaning done that I had planned on, but it was a day worth blogging about.



This picture is unrecognizable because I need a tripod for night pictures. This is one of the boys that helped to take down the flags tonight. You can't even see the flag because he was running so fast. I don't blame him, it was cold.

6 comments:

Kari said...

The sheep makes me laugh. I totally hear ya about no mail days...it's kinda depressing when nothing comes....not that anything ever comes except for junk mail and bills. Oh well. I don't think I ever wrote you back on myspace forever ago. Did I talk to you about photography? I can't remember...I'm still trying to learn all the cool things about my camera...it's just too overwhelming, I guess I have plenty going on in life that I don't feel like taking on something new. Hopefully someday soon! Can you believe Thanksgiving is almost a week away?

Sarah said...

You should send that pic in and say it's a ghost. But I don't think many ghosts are that well dressed...maybe they are though, we have no idea what we will be wearing after we are dead.

Sarah said...

Apparently I'm a huge looser and I have to comment over and over just so that it looks like I have friends. Anywho...I got my good mail today, not yesterday, but still, I can finally go Christmas shopping!!!!!

royalphotography said...

First of all, I am not more artistic than you. It's just how you look at things. I think all of your photos are extremely artistic, moreso than any of mine. Second, that day was pretty fun. I wish we could have found some hot babes to take pictures of. Hopefully next time I go down we can line something up. I'm not sure when the next time will be, but maybe you can come up here one day.

royalphotography said...

P.S. I need to create a personal blog so it doesn't say "Royalphotography said...". Anyway. It just looked a little wierd to me. That's all.

kellyrass said...

you're dead.