Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!

We had a very quiet New Years Eve. We went out to eat so that Joey could watch the Jazz game but our waitress couldn't figure out the tv. So we rented some movies and put the kids to bed at 8:30 and when the fireworks went off at midnight, it startled us out of a deep sleep. To quote Luke, we are "squares". Life is just never the same, sleepwise when you have kids. I am trying to undo the wrongs I have done to Max, namely letting him fall asleep with a bottle so that everytime he wakes up at night he needs another bottle to fall asleep. Which means, not only is he awake waiting for the maid to fetch him another bottle, everyone else in the house is lying awake in their beds with so much adrenaline pumping through their veins that it takes 20 minutes to fall back asleep. The reason for the adrenaline is that Max never wakes up quietly. He goes from quiet, peaceful sleep, to screaming at the top of his lungs. I know this is another side effect of the poor sleep habits I have taught him, so now that Hawaii is over and we will hopefully be in our own beds for awhile, I am starting out on the painful journey of teaching a one year old what he should have learned when he was 4 months old. It is so much harder when they are used to bad habits. Gwen could fall asleep on her own from the time she was 3 months old and we got a lot of sleep and had peaceful car trips. I hope he will learn quickly. Because right now we are all getting almost no sleep. That boy can cry and he is stubborn.

Well anyway, here are some pictures of what we have been up to. Gwen wants to wear this dress every single day. With pink snowboots. And she wants all of her drinks in this cup. I usually let her, unless we are going to church.



This picture was taken after Max dumped my poinsetta all over the carpet. He is saying "uh-oh". He is so mischevious. I don't even know how to handle him. He is pretty easygoing, but ever since he started crawling he is showing interest in everything naughty. I used to be amazed at everything Haylee would get into because Gwen would just never think to do them in the first place. Haylee taught Gwen to open doors, to take off her clothes, to open bottles, to turn on the water. Gwen is perfectly capable, she just doesn't think mischevious thoughts like Haylee does. But Max does. I really hope that Daymon is a couch potatoe like Gwen or I hope that Emily is used to chasing kids around. Because as much as Max is challenging me, I have never met another child as wild as Haylee. (She is also a sweet and sensitive little girl and we love her. We talk about her craziness with complete love.)



And here is a picture of sweet little Daymon on his first birthday. He turned 1 on the 27th and Grandpa Jerry had a birthday the next day. For some reason I didn't get any pics of grandpa Jerry's bday, but it was fun. He took all the kids to Hollywood Connection in Salt Lake and they got to ride rides and go mini golfing and then he took all the adults to dinner at Tepanyakis.

>

1 comment:

kellyrass said...

You have been blogging like crazy and I can't leave comments on all of them. There is nothing better than coming home after a long weekend and finding that people have updated. I love it and all good pics.