Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mod Podge!!

So I was at Roberts with Kelly and Randi last weekend just wandering around because I didn't need anything and Kelly had the cutest idea and I couldn't wait to get home and break out the modpodge. She told me she was going to cover an old dresser of Ali's in scrapbook paper. Well I just bought Gwen the biggest piece of junk dresser ever. It was on sale at Kmart and I figured it was better than her clothes being all over the floor and it will be awhile before I spend money on a decent dresser. Anyway, it was the perfect idea to liven up her horrible dresser. So it's kind of a hodge podge of designs, but it was fun to be able to do what I wanted and not worry about ruining something. I still need to find some knobs. I wanted pink crystal ones, but so far I can only find really expensive ones. We might just spray paint the cheap ones that came with the dresser. Thanks for the idea Kelly!!




Then since I already had the mod podge out I decided to finally make Max's journal and since it was the day before Valentines it became his present. I didn't start Gwen's journal until she could talk, but I think it will be fun to just record what he does everyday and he can color in it. Gwen draws pictures in her journal and it makes me feel less guilty about throwing away other art that she brings home from primary, etc.



And here is Gwen's valentines present. This little jar had buttons in it and I used them all up on her dresser. So I covered it and tied a ribbon on and didn't put anything in it, because I thought it would be fun for her to decide what she wanted to keep in it. (Joey also got her a little tin of candy.) So when everyone came down for their pink heart shaped pancakes and pink eggs and strawberry milk, Gwen asked Joey to open her jar and they both looked at me like I was an idiot when they saw that there was nothing in it. Someday maybe someone will appreciate my love for containers and everything miniature.



Gwen went to a Valentines party yesterday and I had short notice so this is what she gave out. I found the cutest treat toppers the other day, but had no use for them I thought. Oh well. I had to improvise, but next time I will be prepared.

4 comments:

kellyrass said...

I totally should have listened to your valentines idea - That turned out so cute! Erik said he didn't really "get" the mod podge dresser thing, so I almost changes my mind but you got me back on board!

Sarah said...

Cute dresser! I'm lame, I pay money so that things look handmade.

RazzFamily said...

You are just too creative for your own good! I love the ideas you had (or borrowed) her dresser is super cute!

Kelli said...

Love the dresser, I wish I had that talent.