Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Joey, Joey, Joey





I have to talk about how wonderful Joey has been for the last few days. On Friday we went up north on what I thought was a whim. It started out as a drive for the kids to nap and to look for cool places to take pictures and somehow ended up in Salt Lake taking pics at the capitol and the temple. He even made me think it had been my idea. So we stopped at Randi and Jacksons old house on our way home to use the bathroom and when I came out of the bathroom, Gwen was wearing a nightgown. I thought I had left a nightgown there on accident and then I saw the bag on the couch that he had secretly packed. I was so excited. I mean it is just Salt Lake, but I just LOVE surprises. And he is always so good about surprises. It was even okay that he didn't think to pack makeup or clothes that fit me. (I borrowed a sweatshirt Randi) Until I realized that I was going to have to go with him to one of his friends receptions that night in my plaid shorts and borrowed sweatshirt with no makeup. But it worked out okay. Patty and Dion didn't even make fun of me. Then on Sunday I had a camp meeting that lasted 3 hours and when I got home Joey had fed the kids and put them to bed. On Monday morning I drove to Park City ALONE to have a little sleepover with my cousin. Everytime I talked to Joey they were doing something fun. He even went on a walk to Arby's with the kids last night and they stopped at the park on the way home. When I came home today he was in the middle of a home improvement project, Max was napping, and Gwen was running through the sprinklers. And I was so ashamed of myself when I got home, but I couldn't even thank him or pay any attention to the kids because I had a special temple night for the YW tonight that I was working on projects for. He made sure the kids left me alone and made them dinner. He even brought me out some dinner, I think just to let me know that he didn't hate me. And when I got home at 10 o'clock he had put Max to bed and when I opened the fridge I noticed that he even did the grocery shopping while I was gone.

I got to talk with some of the girls tonight for awhile and they told me all about their friends at school that think Joey is "so cute" and how they have to tell them that he is married and has two kids. He teaches the 14-15 year sunday school class so they are always talking about how much they love him and how they are going to come to our house for a party. We will have to start the party out with a service project to clean my house.

6 comments:

Randi & Jackson said...

I love Joey too, what a good person. Anyway sorry our stuff was everywhere, we have way too much stuff.

Nat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kellyrass said...

Joey who?

The Bradley Family said...

I'm glad you blog, because otherwise I would have no way of keeping in touch with you. You sound busy. Next time you take a break, come kidnap me.

DD said...

I really thought you looked hot at the reception!! Although I don't think it is nice to lie about Joey just to make us like him.

Nanette Gamble said...

I think that this will be cool, because then I can keep in touch with people whom I don't see very often, like you. :)