Friday, May 30, 2008

Crocky

This is Gwen on her first bike. She has been riding around on her little red tricycle that my parents bought her a few years ago. So we decided it was time. We were going to wait for her birthday, but then we aren't really the kind of kids who like to wait once we decide to do something. And since we are such supporters of shopping locally, we spent 3 times what we could have for the same size bike at Kmart. (Did anyone realize that when I say "we" I really mean "Joey"? Except for the shopping local thing, I do support that.) Well anyway, Gwen did love all the personal attention she received from all the guys at Jorgensen Honda who tried to convince her that this was the bike she wanted and not the other ones that were half the size. (Max's new nickname is "The Blur". I can't get a decent picture of him lately because he is too fast.)
So, Gwen won't ride the bike yet. She will sit on and pet it and talk to it. She named it Crocky (she was wearing her crocs when she thought of it, still no originality, just like me). The bolts on the front are its eyes and the handlebars are its piggy tails, I guess she does have an imagination. She says she will ride it as soon as it grows training wheels for the front tire too.
This is a strawberry from our garden. We went to pick them this morning and two of them had little bites in them. They kind of looked like human bite marks, but how do I know what rodent bite marks look like? So I threw them out and went inside to call my mother in law to see what to do about rodents in the strawberry patch. Just then Gwen ran in to tell me that something got the strawberries we just picked!! It was Max. When I got out there he was sinking his teeth into all the strawberries and then throwing them back into the garden. I compared and it was the same teeth marks. He must have thrown them because he realized they were food. He doesn't eat food and if you try to hand feed him he looks at you like you're crazy. But he will eat leaves and flowers and bugs. Today Joey caught him licking dirt off the driveway.

11 comments:

Sarah Jo said...

I love Gwen's big girl bike! She looks adorable on it. I am impressed that you can grow strawberries. I tried to have a garden last year and everything died except for one little tomato. It was tasty though :)

The Johnsons said...

I would keep Gwen sitting on the bike as long as you can cause once she gets going you wont be able to catch her. Thats way cute she named her bike. I would love to get her and my girl together I bet they would have so much fun together.

Lori Prince said...

So I finally signed up so I can comment on your most excellent blog. Gwen is such a mix of you and melissa. Your stories about her have me totally cracking up!

emily barclay said...

that makes me laugh about her bike.. the easter bunny brought addison one and she is just barely starting to ride it.. we should get the girls together and they can ride bikes together...

The Tinney Family said...

That is so funny! Bugs are full of protein right? Im amazed at how you find the time to blog i just cant seem to catch up. Maybe my life just isnt as amusing!! Ha right!

kellyrass said...

Joey used to lick the driveway too. Thanks for showing up on saturday for our special girls night that I had been planning for months.

**** said...

Ha ha ha. I love your little family. Your kids are so funny and cute. That strawberry picture is freaking sweet. It made me want to experiment with food photography. We need to go on a hike up Huntington canyon sometime. I've got an obsession with slow shutter photography with water; and there are some great spots on this trail that I found up there for slow shutter.
I went to D.I. to find an old camera, but they didn't have any that would work for ttv pics. They had this really cool one that had some flash bulbs, but it wouldn't work, so I ended up not buying it even though it was only a dollar.

**** said...

Oh yeah,
I forgot that I need to change my display picture so that it doesn't say ****. This is luke- Haha:)

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Crocky is too CUTE!
Avi's bike sat in the garage for a year before she got the hang of it.
As for little Max...You may want to worry about the licking the driveway thing....His Father used to do it, and you know how He turned out!! Ha, ha, ha, I would get that stopped FAST!!

Nanette Gamble said...

Kids do the cutest things. I mean, we don't always think they are cute until later on when we think about it and get a good laugh. That is so funny about Max and the strawberries. Ethan likes dirt and bugs too, but I haven't caught him eating them for awhile.

Sarah Jo said...

Elizabeth from the view? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Isn't she the really conservative one?