Sunday, May 25, 2008

Softball & Cousins


Joey started softball on Thursday. I have never seen him play and he always says he isn't any good. So I was kind of nervous for him. For me not being good at sports means that I embarrass myself. Like striking out and running for the base anyway because I didn't understand, or golfing for the ball when it's too low. In volleyball it means not getting the ball over the net, ever, when I'm serving. Or hitting the ball with my elbow when it comes my way because I panic and once again don't know what I'm doing. Is it sad that my favorite sport is kickball?? And the last time I liked sports was in 4th grade because Danny Hulse picked me to be on his team? (that was for you Cara) I also wouldn't mind a good game of four square or tetherball. So my point is, I was thinking Joey was going to make a fool of himself and I was sick to my stomach. Apparently we have different ideas about what it means to be bad at sports. He got on base every time he got up to bat, he scored 2 of his teams 8 points, and he can catch a ball in his mitt. My kids are lucky that they will have someone to teach them the rules of sports so that they aren't brought to tears in the 12th grade when they learn that they have to have a full year of gym class to graduate and all of their friends have already finished the required gym credits two years ago. Gym is not a class that you can take alone. It's embarrassing.


Here are some pics from our trip to Price last week.





5 comments:

cara lou said...

Haha -- yep, we are the same when it comes to athletic ability. I've always been mortified when playing any type of sport. But I do think I could go for a game of kick-ball. Though I probably would get out before making it to first base. And your Danny Hulse comment cracked me up. Those were the days. :)

The Willdens said...

I love all of your pictures suz I'm so jealous. You have so much Talent! I'm going to have to have you take photos of my kids (When I have any). I always jokingly ask my mom what am I going to do if my kids aren't as cute as Nanettes? Well now I have my answer. I'll have you take there picture, everything you do is great!

**** said...

Holy crap Suz. Those ones of Haylee and Daymon are amazing. I really need to get a mac so I can use your photoshop.

The Tinney Family said...

You are really good with your blog. I do what i can. You pictures look so great that i hate leaving pix up because i know you are like the only person to ever check them out and then just dont compare. How are you guys doing? I love the pix you take of your kids they are so sweet.

kellyrass said...

Don't you mean Skuzzins? Thanks for ditching me this weekend.