Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July

Joey's family came down to Richfield for the 4th of July. We hardly ever get visitors so it was exciting. When we woke up on the 4th, Joey, Jackson, Dion and I all ran the Liberty Run 5k. It was my first 5k and I was kind of nervous because it seems like everyone makes a big deal out them. Maybe those people are really racing though. It was fun though and I was shooting for no sideaches and I accomplished that. Jackson sped ahead of Joey in the last few seconds before the finish line, I thought that was pretty funny. Of course no pictures, because everyone not in the race was still asleep. With the exception of Randi who watched my kids, thanks Randi. She even got them all ready for the parade. Which I also have no pictures of. All of the kids got to ride on the 2 Brothers float and it was a lot of fun.
Here are some pictures of all the fun we had relaxing all day. The girls couldn't miss the big sale at Christensens and we spent too much time and ended up missing all the activities at the park. Sorry kids.

To see more of our 4th fun, go here.
(Get over it Kelly, there are more.)







Grandpa Pete was sick, but he still stayed up and visited with everyone and didn't want to miss the fireworks.

8 comments:

Randi & Jackson said...

That was a lot of fun! Thanks for the good times!

The Johnsons said...

looks like you had a fun 4th. Good for you running in a 5k.

Nanette Gamble said...

That is so awesome that you ran in the 5k. I have always wanted to do something like that, but I am worried that I would wuss out half way through it. I am glad you had a good holiday.

The Johnsons said...

Answer to your question: Paeton was born on my birthday so I am facing the same problem you are. To think back I am so glad that I wasnt held back. I graduated early I had a year of college underneath me before I was 19. The dating and not driving thing was the only thing but I survived and now I'm glad I wasn't held back. So I am putting Paeton in and she will be the youngest. I think it would be harder for a boy than a girl. I hope that helps.

Nathan and Toni Southam said...

K, I am super jealous because I was suppose to run my first 5k a few days before the fourth and I contracted pneumonia! I'm hoping to feel better soon because I am going to run the course anyways! haha! Sounds like you guys had a great time though! Family always makes things more exciting!

Nathan and Toni Southam said...

Oh, and that's awesome that you ran the 5k and didn't get any side aches!!!

Sarah Jo said...

I can't believe you ran in a 5K, I am impressed. I can't even run to the end of the driveway. I did buy a 10 min workout though, that is the extent of my fitness. I have family in town, so tomorrow won't work for me. I would love to do it any other time though. I got a picture frame for my birthday that I want to fill with pictures of my kids so I definitely need to get together with you soon. Call me or write me the next time you will be in town.

Nat said...

Way to go on the 5K! A friend of mine and I are going to try that next month...