Thursday, July 24, 2008

Three Blind Mice??

My niece Lexie has the cutest smile and she is always smiling. This was taken on Haylee's birthday. What do you think of my handmade tutu? To see more of this cutie go here. Or to see more of the other cutie, go here.So Joey had this great idea and he thought I should see what other people thought of it. He wishes he has more pictures of himself playing ball in high school. So he had the idea that I should offer my photography services to high school athletes. I would go up to one of their games, meets, competitions, whatever the sport may be, and take pictures of them warming up, and stay for the whole game. This is for one student, not a whole team. I think it would be worth it to a parent to be able to enjoy their kids game knowing that someone else was documenting it and taking good action shots. Maybe I just feel that way because I never get to watch games anymore or enjoy anything because I'm always trying to get my kids to smile and look at me in the middle of everything. So what do you think and what would you be willing to pay for some undivided attention for your child?
While I am on the subject of never enjoying anything anymore. We had such an enjoyable time last night and I think it was partly because I left my camera in the car, even when I noticed that I would have absolutely perfect lighting to take pictures of Joey and the kids playing. It was also partly because my frisbee skills are totally wicked. The story does end funny though. Joey and I were going to go to the 9 o'clock showing of Batman. So we took the kids to the park after dinner to wear them out. We played frisbee and then rocked the playground for awhile. We go home and put Max to bed, I pick up the babysitter and we were off. I was totally concentrating on finding a parking spot so it was Joey that noticed that there was no 9:00 showing at our theatre. Not just of Batman, no movie at 9:00. We have one theatre and it shows one movie. And there was nothing playing at 9:00. Then we realized that there was absolutely nothing to do. We couldn't go home after being gone for 7 minutes. It was either go walk around wal-mart or drive 20 minutes to Denny's for dessert. So we drove to get dessert. But then we ended up eating a second dinner at almost 10 p.m. Which resulted in Joey not going to bed until 5 this morning. Which means we might have a crappy day. I am excited for today though. We are going to a Bees game tonight with the Carlsons and then to Lagoon tomorrow where my family will be also. And then we have a family reunion on Saturday. I really do love to spend time with my family. I don't want Gwen to grow up and start complaining about hanging out with us.

And lastly, here is a picture of smiley. It might be kind of hard to tell what this picture is about. This is Max, sitting on the table surrounded by a broken flour canister and an overturned sugar canister. That is indeed a broken shard of the flour canister in his hand that he is using to make designs in the mixture. Don't worry, no injuries were sustained while I took this picture. And yes, I am a bad mom. And an even worse wife, it took me three days to clean this mess us.

7 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

If SMILEY was at my house...His name would definitely be FROWNY!!!
I can't imagine the clean up with that one....And I thought Trace was bad!!

The Sports Photos sound like a GREAT idea...Good Thinkin Joe!

I'll keep my eyes open for you tonight at the Buzz game. We and some neighbors, last minute, decided to go, so today we still need to see what kind of seats are available! Hopefully we see you there!

Melanie said...

Are you taking videos of all these messes? I'm sorry to laugh but he looks like he could give Dennis the Menace a run for his money!

Malcom Family said...

Hi. So, funny story. I was looking for a Carlson family that is in my ward, but happened to find yours. Funny thing is, I am one of Joey's converts from his mission. Cute family by the way. If you want to check out my blog I'd love to hear more of how things are going for your family. :)

Sarah Jo said...

I love the idea for the athletic photos. I would definitely pay money to have that kind of stuff taken care of, would you scrapbook it for me too?

Vanessa said...

Hi, I was commenting on one of my friends blogs when i saw your husband comment too...he served in our mission. i was a stake missionary...my little brothers loved him and my mom always cut all the missionaries hair- you have a BEAUTIFUL family!! tell him the choffin family said hello...from back in wa.

Vanessa said...

Hi, I was commenting on one of my friends blogs when i saw your husband comment too...he served in our mission. i was a stake missionary...my little brothers loved him and my mom always cut all the missionaries hair- you have a BEAUTIFUL family!! tell him the choffin family said hello...from back in wa.

Vanessa said...

Hi, I was commenting on one of my friends blogs when i saw your husband comment too...he served in our mission. i was a stake missionary...my little brothers loved him and my mom always cut all the missionaries hair- you have a BEAUTIFUL family!! tell him the choffin family said hello...from back in wa.