Friday, August 29, 2008

I don't wanna grow up... I'm a toys'r'us kid


Gwen has been giving a lot of reasons why she doesn't want to grow up lately.
Gwen: "Mom, I don't want to grow up."
Mom: "Why not?"
Gwen:"Because I don't want to get fat."
Mom:"Do you think I'm fat?"
Gwen"..."


I can't quote this conversation because I was not at home, but Joey told me later the gist of it. Gwen told him that she didn't want to grow up because when she gets older so will Grandma Patty. And she doesn't want Patty to die. Isn't that sad. I am glad that Joey was home and not me because he is such a good teacher. He taught her about the resurrection and it was all resolved by the time I got home.


It is so resolved that today we had this conversation:
Gwen: Mom, when I get to be your age, you will die. But it's okay cause I will get a new mom.
Me: Why do you need a new mom?
Gwen: Because you are gonna die someday.
Me: I guess I just won't ever die then.
Oops. I will let Joey try and explain that one too.






5 comments:

Randi and Jackson said...

I don't want anyone to die.........cute pics. Whose baby is on your Jack & Jill page?

Sarah Jo said...

Connor just started to understand death, but not in a way that makes sense. He always says when so and so dies. I don't even know how to begin to explain that one to him. I don't think your fat btw.

kellyrass said...

She probably meant Phat.

The Johnsons said...

Shaelynn started that a while ago too. Its such a hard subject to teach to such a young kid. You think they understand but then they really just fully dont understand and they worry about it.

cara lou said...

Hey, I need your mailing address again. Will you please email it to me?? Thanks!