Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jack Johnson

Randi and Jackson invited us to go to a Jack Johnson concert with them yesterday. We drove up together from Price and it was fun, like we were in high school going on a double date. I have the most wonderful mother in law who actually volunteered to watch our kids while we went. And she is around Max enough to know what that would entail. I don't know what I did to get such a wonderful second family. But they are. Gwen was at Kelly's house all day playing and even though I know Kelly had a party she was getting ready for, I didn't hear a word of complaint. So back to the concert. It was at the Usana Amphitheatre so we got to cuddle up on the grass while we waited for it to start. It was fun to just hang out and eat and watch all the crazies around us. I'm pretty sure we hurt a few feelings when we couldn't control our laughter. I feel bad about that. But if you have ever spent time with a Carlson, you know all about their quick thinking and witty sarcasm. I couldn't help myself. On the way home Randi kicked our butts in the billboard alphabet game while Jackson slept through Joey's driving. When we got home Joey went to move Gwen to a different bed and she said with her eyes still closed, "Sorry! Sorry! Josh... Josh..." ??

So the whole reason for being in Price was for Haydens birthday on Sunday. We had a little party at the Prescotts house. We played a little Rock Band and Hayden & Emily made a lot of yummy food, like always. I didn't bring my camera, but click here for a fictional video slideshow of this beautiful family.

5 comments:

Sarah Jo said...

Sounds like fun. I love date nights. We really need to get together sometime soon. My family needs new pics so bad so you should come to Price sometime and take them for us.

Melanie said...

I'm really out of the loop because I don't know who Jack Johnson is. Does he sing Neil Diamond type songs? Lol. Also, the video of the Prescotts was so beautiful it made me forget there was a morbid end coming! Was that Emily's revenge for Hayden getting a motorcycle?:0)

Randi and Jackson said...

I STILL did not get my back rub? WTF (get it mom?)

Nat said...

What is a date?!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

I wish I could have been there....But, I too was watching someone's kids while they enjoyed themselves at the concert!!
LUCKY DUCKS!