Friday, October 03, 2008

50th BASH!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!

So we were in St. George on the 1st to celebrate my dad's 50th B-day. I bet this was his best b-day ever!! My mom had some work to do, so he got to spend quality time with me and the kids. First we went shopping for underwear for Gwen. At 4 different stores. (I didn't end up buying any underwear.) Then I took him to In-N-Out burger. I don't think he was that impressed, but I was in heaven. Then he showed me my Great Great Grandma Segmillers house where my Grandpa grew up. (It is a complicated story, but so glad that I heard it before he is too old to remember it. ) My grandpa's tiny little footprints are still on the porch of that house. So I wandered up and took a picture. I got some funny looks, but I thought it would take too long to explain what I was doing. The house is across the street from the Brigham Young winter home, so we took a tour. He was reluctant, but he humored me. He got to hold Max on his shoulders after Max kept going under the ropes in an attempt to destroy history. Max didn't love it and continued to slap his face and headbutt him for the entire tour. We did some swimming. And then we took him out to dinner at Red Lobster. It is my mom's favorite restaurant and "we took him" is not entirely correct, since I didn't do any of the paying. But a fun time was had by all. We topped it off by doing a little shopping at the local Wal-Mart where I finally bought some little girl underwear. After we put the kids to bed we watched "EMMA". (The new church movie, not the Jane Austen one, but to him it probably would have been the same.) Four years ago for his birthday my mom took him to a Celine Dion concert in Vegas.




3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I've never been to Red Lobster. Do your parents live in St. George now? I didn't know you had braces on, how long have you had those. I guess I haven't seen you for a long time. Your hair is really pretty!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Suzy, my mom and I are reading your blog together, loved the photos, I need to learn to draw arrows on my photos. Did you take any of the actual footprints?

Nanette Gamble said...

Looks like fun. I love Red Lobster. It is so good. I am glad that you could spend some time with your dad. Aren't dads the best?