Tuesday, October 14, 2008

AND NOW BACK TO SOUL CALIBER



Yesterday I took a trip to San Pete County to take some pictures of this cute family.
Click here to see more.

I was going to get a babysitter, but Joey was still in town so I decided to take the whole family. Cassie is one of my good friends, but our kids have never met. So I thought it would be fun to go early and get some pictures of my own family. Joey was the last of us to get dressed. So he could see what we were all wearing. There wasn't necessarily a theme, but there was clearly a theme we were
NOT going with.

.....


...............


........................






The most telling thing though is that he is actually wearing this getup in our picture. As he was getting dressed I said "Are you wearing that shirt?" He said "Yes." And I realized that I couldn't care less. One of the things I love the most about Joey is his unique style. He is dressed like a ?gangster? in this picture, but next time he could be wearing wranglers and a bolo tie. (Not really, he doesn't own either of those.) He has always done and worn just what he feels like. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, if it's in style, or that he is wearing a giant gold necklace when he meets my friends husband for the first time!! But I love that he is confident and he always looks good.


Another thing I love about him is that he is a splurger. I am a first class cheap skate. So it is nice once in awhile to be reminded that it is just money. And he's pretty smart with his money most of the time. Sometimes you just can't pass up a cute little Boise State cheerleader outfit and a mini jersey. Nevermind that while you are off in Boise your family is back home learning how many meals you can make with a sack of flour, a block of cheese and a zucchini. Just joking, luckily, because I think the answer is ZERO.

If you couldn't tell, this post is all about Joey. He is pretty complex, so it is turning out to be a long post. If you want to know more about his political views, you can go here. Leave him lots of comments.

And now on to football. He had his last game tonight. I didn't go. But here are some pics of his second to last game. I need to figure out nightime sports photography still. Maybe if I just purchase a cheap point a shoot? They seem to do the job. Well, he won his game and they are the CHAMPIONS for the 3rd year in a row.




And now for a little quiz. . .



How long have you guys been married? 6 years

How long did you date?
10 months or so

How old is he?
28

Who said I Love You first? 

I did of course. What is wrong with me? Don't ask when he said it back....AWKWARD

Who is taller? Haha.

Who is the better singer?

Joey could seriously be a rockstar. I'm not joking.

Who is smarter?

I can spell, Joey trumps me in everything else.

Who does the laundry?

No one right now. I ran out of detergent. I'm lazy, what can I say?

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? 

It changes everytime we move. Usually Joey sleeps furthest from the door. Just a precaution in case of a burglar.
 
Who mows the lawn? Scott

Who cooks dinner?

I cook dinner for the family...Joey complains...Joey pours a bowl of cereal
 
Who drives? Joey if I can help it

Who is the first to say they are wrong? 

 Joey is getting really good at that. I'm never wrong. I might say I am, but I'm not. I don't like to fight though.

 
Who kissed who first? 

 Joey. No one wants to hear this, but here I go anyway. He told me a joke and I tipped my head back to laugh just as he went in for the kill and he got me right on the chin. AWKWARD. But instead of being embarrassed, which he never is, he just grabbed my face and kissed me. I told you you didn't want to hear it, Kelly, Patty... sorry. Randi, I know you wanted to know.
 

Who asked who out first? I don't think Joey ever asked me out on a date. He was hanging out at my apartment with all of us girls and one night he told me to go get my jacket so we could go on a walk.
 

Who wears the pants? Gwen

9 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Suzy, I love the pictures. I am waiting on Ryan to decide but they area all so stinkin cute! I love the one of Paeton walking in the weeds. I will for sure let you know. We had a great time. Lets do it again soon and not let so much time pass this time. Shae still talks about playing with Gwen she has added her to her friend list. I thought that was so cute!

Nat said...

Well, it is nice to get to know Joey a bit better. Your kiss story is hilarious!

Is that Cassie Taylor in the pictures?

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Loved this post. . .love the part about my husband. . .where I cook, he complains and then eats cereal. . wait, you were talking about Joey? Sorry, got mixed up there. Love his funky outfit. One question. Where did he get the gold necklace?

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

And I like that Gwen wears the pants, you're funny!

Sarah Jo said...

That is one of the funniest post I have ever read. I am sitting here laughing to myself and Rory thinks I have lost my mind. You are one of the funniest people I know.

Melanie said...

Amazing pictures Suze! I love the one of Joey and Gwen in the same pose against the wall.

Did I understand right that you're going to protect Joey against intruders?

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for coming up to take the kids' pictures. They were way way cute.

Nanette Gamble said...

That is an awesome picture. You guys look like models. Who is Max kissing? That is so adorable.

Jennie said...

Ha Ha! This is so great to learn a little more about my cousins. Isn't the internet great? I can't imagine my husband wearing a beanie and a gold necklace for pictures.