Sunday, October 12, 2008

Halloween, Headstones, & Soul Mates

Despite the recent weather, let's not forget that we have not yet celebrated Halloween. I heard a lot of talk of Christmas today and I want to make sure that no one forgets to buy a lot of good candy to hand out on the 31st. Check out this awesome cemetery I visited while I was in St. George. My dad's family is from that area and this was way off the beaten path. I thought I would get lucky and stumble across a headstone of an ancestor and surprise my dad. As you can see though, no one is very sure who is resting here.



Okay, complete subject change with no smooth transition. . . What do you think about "the one"? A fifteen year old girl today asked me how you know when a guy is "the one". I bet she wished that she hadn't asked once I got started. It is not the "how do you know" part that is a problem for me. It is "the one" part that makes me nervous. So I want to know what you think. . . IS THERE ONE PERSON OUT THERE THAT YOU ARE MEANT TO BE WITH? I am really interested to see how everyone feels about this. My story will come in a later post. Leave me a comment and tell me your thoughts on the subject.

11 comments:

Sarah Jo said...

I don't really believe in soul mates. I believe there are people you are more compatible with, but I think with the right attitude and determination you could make any relationship work. That being said, I feel that the longer Rory and I are together the more we were meant to be together.

Melanie said...

I too don't believe there is just one perfect person for you. On the other hand, I feel like Kent was made for me. My Mom often told me that no one else would have taken care of me with all of my health problems, like he has. I might have been happy with someone else, but my life might have been a lot harder. I feel very blessed.

Encore Dance said...

I don't belive in "soul mates". I agree with Sarah, you have to decide to make things work. I decide every day to be happy, in all aspects of my life, It has been pretty easy and I haven't had many trials because of who I married. You just have to be honest with yourself the most.

mommaof4wife2r said...

soul mates are a load of boo boo...but, i def believe there is someone with whom you are to be with...it always takes a lot of work either way though. :)

KINDER LOVE said...

I believe in soul mates. But I don't think that a soul mate has to be someone that you are romantic with or married to. It is someone that you feel a deep connection with, can talk to about anything, go for years without talking and then feel like no time has gone by. Bryan and I are meant to be together, life and circumstances on both ends brought us together, I don't think that we are soulmates though.

KINDER LOVE said...

I just realized I didnt answer the question. I got to focused on the word soul mate. So I think there can be more than one person for a person, but I definatly don't think that ANY relationship can work. You can MAKE anything work but it doesn't mean you can be HAPPY in any relationship. In a relationship that is not good you will loose who you really are, no matter how hard you work to make it work. This question is way to deep for me.

Toph and Al said...

I totally believe in "Soul Mates", "Happily Ever Afters"...and all that other "Fairy Tale" bull cuckacuckah. But I think it takes a lot of work to find and maintain that with a person.

Toph and Al said...

Remember that Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, and every other Disney Princess had things they had to overcome before getting their Prince Charming. Theirs was just summed up in 2 hrs..ours takes our entire life.

kellyrass said...

I think someone is already married to my soul mate. One day we will find each other and wreck some lives.

Jennie said...

Hey Suzie! It's your cousin Jennie in Tennessee. I found your blog on a link from Sarah's site. Your little family is so sweet. I think that if you're so focused on finding "the one" that you focus on how your current partner doesn't live up to "the one" you have in mind. Then you end up hoping for something that isn't realistic when what you have isn't perfect, but may just be the perfect fit for you. By the way, my mom's family is from St. George?

Sarah said...

I have nothing to say about soul mates. I do want those pics framed for Halloween decorations though. :)