Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rotten Teeth & Island Princesses


Gwen had a check up a few weeks ago and had her first cavity. Ever since then when I tell her it's time to brush our teeth she tells me that her teeth are already rotten. She has lost all hope at the tender age of 4. So today was an exciting day for her. She got her first filling. And her teeth are no longer rotten. Don't you love the crazy smiles when half your face is numb? She told me on the way home from the dentist that one cheek was asleep and the other one is having a party.




After preschool she had her first primary party too. She is a sunbeam, but since she is the only one in our ward, she kind of missed the whole transition into primary that you normally get and just went straight in with the older kids. Oh well, she doesn't know or care. She is independent anyway, she wouldn't even let me walk her all the way to the primary room.




*****The mystery photo in the last post is homemade princess cake. Don't try it. It is supposed to be a white cake with pink chocolate swirled through it. I dyed the chocolate orange for halloween, but I think I used the wrong kind. The outsides of my cake were getting harder and harder and the center was liquid...seriously....liquid. I finally took it out and thought I would salvage the middle by cutting out little star shaped cakes with a cookie cutter. I walked away for 5 minutes to let it cool and when I came back the whole thing was hard as a rock. I had to throw away the cookie cutter because it became part of the cake. So...does anyone know if it was maybe because I used the chocolate that you use to make candy? Because that hardens when it cools and then I stuck it in a hot oven??**********

6 comments:

Melanie said...

What must go on in a 4 year old's mind? She is so precious.

Randi and Jackson said...

Gwen is so funny. I hate when your mouth is numb. I used to run out of the dentist's office covering my mouth so no one I knew would see me. Well I probably won't see you for haloween, but if Joey gets his robot costume together send me a picture. Maybe I can be lil robot and be like gangster since I cant think of anything on my own.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I liked her comment about "Party in her mouth" What a little punk. And the vibrant colors on the photos are WOWing me. So the suspense is killing me. What is the mystery photo in yesterday's post. I might loose sleep over it. CONFESS.

Sarah Jo said...

I definitely won't ask you to make me a princess cake for my birthday! Connor and Kadee have dentist appts. next week and I am praying they don't have any cavities. I am really good at remembering to brush their teeth at night, but I forget a lot in the mornings, do you ever do that or am I the only dead beat mom?

Jennie said...

I definitely wouldn't have thought that was a cake. I thought it looked like rotten french toast that you were trying to make "fun" for the kids. Better luck next time! Gwen was super cute in those pictures. I love how she said that her teeth were already rotton. That's great.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Asleep on one side and party on the other? I LOVE that!

Happy Halloween!