Friday, October 24, 2008

To Do To Do To Do

Wish I was here


With this guy




I am feeling overwhelmed. I am running on very little sleep, my son is 2, and I have a lot to do. I know I am not the only who loves To Do Lists. But I especially love when I can check something off. Here are a few things from my list today: (in no particular order)

wake up (check)
get dressed
(Check) This one was even easier than the first because I slept in my clothes and I am not changing. Haha, sorry Tyson. (We went to visit him today, hope we didn't get too close) If any of you ever feel this way, or even go as far as to actually not change your clothes the whole day, TELL ME. It would make me feel a lot better.
clean up the salt and soap mixture hardening on the entertainment center (It looks a lot like sugar and the soap makes it smell very appealing. But judging by the look on Max's face when he licked it up, it doesn't taste good.)
take truck to bodyshop (check) (Joey was rear ended yesterday)
get a rental car (I wonder if the other guys insurance will pay for a cadillac?)
clean the house
laundry

work on pictures (only two families to go before I am caught up)
upload pics (Layne came home from Washington yesterday.)
pay bills
make something yummy to take across the street (My neighbor, a.k.a. Grandma Worley, broke her elbow awhile ago and I found out in ward council. I get the award for worst neighbor ever.)
let max out of the closet (Haha, not really DCFS. He is going to be the next Houdini. Nothing can contain him. Especially not a closet. Any other ideas?? Kidding.)


If anyone else is feeling like they want to burn down their house and run away, go read this. My cousin Sarah has a sister in law who just had a birthday. For her birthday, her husband posted on her blog all about how much she means to him and how special she is to everyone. Before I read it, I thought "Joey would never do that." But after I read it, I was motivated to be someone who would deserve a post like that. It is kind of a cheesy post, but I was seriously motivated to be more motivated. And I already have three things checked off my list and it is only 2 oclock. (Maybe I should go read it again)
Here is the link again, it was really touching.








11 comments:

Aubrey said...

Not to burst your bubble - but 3 has been WAY WORSE than the two's!!!! And hey, as long as you wake up and the kids are still alive . . . . sounds like you already accomplished alot today! Good luck. I am sure you are a great mom.

Jennie said...

This is hilarious! I read Sarah's sister-in-laws post, too. Now our husbands have a lot to live up to, huh? I just started working last year (I teach Spanish). Matt decided to go back and get his master's degree. So he stays home with the kids during the day and does school at night. Reading your post actually made me a little jealous. I would love to stay all day in the clothes I slept in. I like my job, but I LOVE staying home with my kids. I can't wait until he's done so I get to stay home again! Even when I'm super busy like you were today, there's just something about having my kids in the same room that makes me really happy.

kellyrass said...

I had all of the things on your to do list done by 11 this morning. I also went visiting teaching and made a delicious dinner. Joey needs to sue so he can quit his job.

Joey said...

2 things troubled me about your post.

first, i was hit by a car. i don't think you made that clear enough.

2nd please don't "help max out of the closet".

suzy said...

oops. I guess I need to proofread my posts not just for spelling but for faux pas as well. Joey was in a car accident, a car hit his car. And Max was literally in the broom closet. By his own doing.

Sarah said...

Miss Suzy, I'm still deciding about the pics. I'm pretty sure I want my 8x10 to be the black and white of them together. I'm positive I want the serious one of Marcus in the "yo homie crouch" and I want the one of Madison flying. She wanted to see the others of her "attitude" face. I showed them the silly ones, but she thought there were more. I told her I'd ask. :) I'm posting this here and on your Jack & Jill site.

Nanette Gamble said...

I love your to do list. Sometimes you have to count stuff like: getting dressed and taking a shower, just to make yourself feel good. I do it all the time. Just take comfort in knowing that you aren't the only one with a crazy little 2 year old.

Elaine Goold said...

Suzy, I love your blog! You are so funny and such a good writer and photographer. I didn't know you were a professional photographer! Wow! You have a lot of talents. So I am going to have to devote several days to reading through all your past blogs and get to know you and your cute family a little better! I didn't know Layne was home, either. Our son Daniel gets home in 2 months. And Michael is getting married next month and we just got back from Italy for Briana's wedding. Busy few months. I love seeing photos of your family!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

YOu crack me up, you are some kinda amazing woman, and what is your church calling if you're in ward council? Please don't tell me RS Pres or YW Pres. or I'll drop down dead.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OK, and I just read all your comments and your husband is equally entertaining. I really hope we can get together, you and Joey can make me and Damian laugh, because we are middle-age boring old fogeys.

Christine said...

So I just wanted to say Thanks and Hi! I am Sarah's sister-in-law and she emailed me your blog so I could read this post...you are so cute and fun...you must be related to Sarah! I love that girl. Well my husband was a sweetie to do that and I did feel kinda dumb especially seeing some of those pictures he put on there...but I'm sure your hubby would do the same for you. You sound like a very busy and talented mom. Good luck with all of that and maybe we'll bump into eachothers blogs again!