Thursday, November 06, 2008

Can't Say No


I LOVE THIS BOY. (And this girl)

But for some reason, I love this boy the most on haircut days. I don't know what it is, but I do. I think short hair makes him think extra naughty thoughts. Maybe he knows that I can't resist a boy with well groomed hair. Who knows. All I know is that when I caught this boy out of bed at 11 p.m., all I could do was laugh. And when he cried as I laid him in his bed, I couldn't resist those perfect little teeth and that perfect hair. So I put him in my bed. And when he said "show, show" with a mischievous grin on his face, I turned the tv on. I can't resist.

For the record, the girl was already in my bed, and not because her hair was well groomed, but because I am tired today. And I don't feel like arguing about ghosts and being scared. And frankly, I remember all too well the feeling of being too scared to sleep because there is a snake on your floor that will definitely slither up your bed the second you fall asleep. (When I finally ran across my dark room and flipped on the light, my snake turned into a barbie with wild hair) But I remember how it feels to be a little girl.

So Joey, I am sorry that when you called really late to say good night that a sweet little 4 year old girl answered the phone when she should have been sound asleep in her own bed. I'm sorry she made you wait until there was a commercial to bring the phone to me. And I'm sorry that you overheard Max laughing while we were talking. It is almost 1 a.m. and you will be glad to hear that they are sleeping. Finally. In your bed. And I am sorry in advance for the little feet kicking you in the face when they both climb in bed with us tomorrow night.


P.S. Thank you RANDI PACE for making little boys hair so cute!!

8 comments:

KINDER LOVE said...

I love your posts, they are so dang cute!

Aubrey said...

What is it with these boys? Braden is ALWAYS getting in bed with us on a regular basis and some nights when he should be in bed he sneeks downstairs with Brooke and is up with her until 1 am . . . . I agree with the haiarcut thing - they are so dang cute!

Sarah said...

Kids are so hard to resist. Rory has been in Colorado and so Connor has slept in my bed every night. The only reason Kadee hasn't is because she kicks me so I put her in her bed.

Jennie said...

Ha Ha! I'm glad to hear that your kids sleep with you, too. I don't know what it is about 11:00, but that seems to be the magic hour when they wake up and want to stay awake! Yes, driving a rental car is great. I got a 4 year degree in Spanish education, and then got a master's degree in hispanic linguistics. So didn't start teaching until after 6 years of school, but most people take 4. Teaching cons: Ridiculous hours spent planning and correcting. Sometimes students are really obnoxious. Working really hard on a lesson and then having it flop. You can't just call in sick, you have to have a plan for the substitute. Teaching pros: Teachers are always needed. You get all holidays off.

Nat said...

It seems like Joey is gone a lot. Whenever my hubs is gone, I always let a few of my kids in my bed! I laughed at your horrible mother post! I'm sorry, but it was funny!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I really love your new family photo. Do you hand tint your photos or do you have a set of actions with photoshop?

Sarah said...

Ok, so as crazy as this sounds I loved our conversation today. Not so much the rumors, but the rest of it. I haven't talked to you in so long it was nice to catch up. See you soon!

Melanie said...

There's something about your parents bed. Whenever Kent and I are out of town the kids fight over who's going to sleep in our room. (I'm sure it doesn't hurt that we have a TV.)