Friday, November 07, 2008

RE: MR. BIRDIE





Dear Suzy,

Was my Halloween ruined? What do you think?? I guess there's no better day to die than Halloween. But I am sorry I made your cute little girl sad. Thank you for respecting my remains and not letting your cute little boy play with me, but why, oh why, did you put me in your GARBAGE CAN??!! (That was a little disrespectful). There is a whole flock of beautiful birds here who claim they met their end at your clean windows' hands, but I seriously doubt they are all telling the truth. They're a little flighty. Although they do say that birds of a feather flock together - so who knows? I will send a little bird to tell my family and friends to fly to your Aunt Elaine's house instead because her windows are not very clean and I'm sure they'll be safe there. Plus there is no snow in St George. It's like heaven on earth!

I thought you'd be interested to know that I'm now taking harp lessons which was one of my dreams - so I guess I have you to thank for that - well, you and your clean windows.

Sincerely,
Mr. Birdie


(If you are confused, click here to hear the first installment.)

This was a comment left on my dead birdie post by my Aunt Elaine in St. George. Apparently she is hilarious and I never knew. I can't link you to her blog because she doesn't have one. I'm sure she will cave soon since most of her kids have blogs. I can't wait to see what funny things she has to say.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Oh, that is funny!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Oooh, My mom probably loved this . . . she is pretty funny, I'm glad you did this post! You're the funniest by far . . . Sarah

Joey said...

It's me, the real Joey Carlson from www.joeycarlson.com.

I just saw your post on my blog. I really got a kick out of it!

Are you going to hold my url ransom?

patty said...

you need to rent 'the birds' sometime soon and then re-think this whole bird experience. there is more here than meets the eye. those birds are not accidently flying into your windows, they are watching you to find a way in. the ones that die on your front porch are 'kamakazi' birds sent in to distract you at the cost of their own lives. this smacks of a conspiracy and i'm pretty barack obama is behind it. beware!