Sunday, November 16, 2008

Step by Step, Oh Baby...


LET'S GET THIS (you won't understand this if you missed NKOTB last night, but it is apparently sweeping the nation)

We dropped the kids off at my parents house an hour late....sorry Mom and Dad. We rushed to meet Kelly and Randi for dinner and then found out that the concert didn't start for over 3 hours. Once again, sorry Mom and Dad. My dinner was delicious, I ate every bite of it. No one else liked theirs much. I think it was the first time that we've eaten at a place that I suggested. And the last.

We got to the concert and were still way too early to go in, so we did a quick speed walk through Hollywood Connection across the street. I was up for some rollerskating, but no one else was wearing socks. We did have a hilarious 5 minutes crammed into a photo booth.

I ran into my cousin Brooke during Natasha Bedingfield's performance on my way to get a churro. I was completely embarrassed to run into someone I knew at a New Kids concert. I can't even remember what lame things came out of my mouth, but she probably couldn't hear me anyway. The churro was gross.

I was kind of nervous for the main event. Was I expected to dance and sing and scream? Those things were guaranteed not to happen. Would my concert companions regret asking me to come along? Would they talk about how lame I was afterward on their way home? Why didn't I bring my license so I could buy a beer? Or two. Haha.

I did all of those things sans the beers. It turns out that those New Kids are still hard to resist.

So seriously, that was a strange crowd. There were a lot of leather vests and side ponytails. There were some serious tears from middle age women. It was loud and it was long. There were some crazies that screamed the whole time. There was also a little boy behind us whose dad plugged his ears for him, the ENTIRE time.

These pics are for Emily who is ready to pop that bun out of her oven. She was the biggest Jordan Knight fan I ever met (I didn't get out much). He is pretty lame now.


This 15 second audio clip is guaranteed to take you back to another time in your life. For me, it was a crush on a boy named Danny (Not the New Kids Danny, I was partial to Jonathon), riding my bike in the cold autumn air and dum dums, like the sucker. Weird, I know. HOW ABOUT YOU?? p.s. turn down your volume

4 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I'm reading your blog in bed, while hubby sleeps and I REALLY want to see the clip, but it'll wake him up and he had a hot pink NKOTB wallet IN COLLEGE, so I don't even want to go there.

I'm glad you went and had a great time, your parents are ANGELS to watch your kids for that!

Sarah said...

I love your posts, I was a HUGE NKOTB fan. I had posters on every square inch of my walls. I had the sleeping bad, t-shirts, went to the concert and even had NKOTB and Jordan painted on my face at a carnival. I was lame, but I was also really young. The things we do when we are young.

Nat said...

How funny! I wasn't ever a huge fan of NKOTB, but my cousins were. I'll bet they were the middle aged women jumping up and down crying and wering the leather vests and side ponytails! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one out there who is a closet fan of some has-been! (Neil Diamond)

You are so funny, and I'm glad you didn't get the beer!

Nanette Gamble said...

How fun! I wasn't a big NKOTB fan, but I might have been a little too young. I don't know. Did Joey go to it with you? It looks like it from the picture. What an awesome husband!