Saturday, December 20, 2008

Randomness


I took this last Saturday when the moon was as close to the earth as it will be for the next 70 years.... or something like that. Joey is really into astronomy and he will wake up at 3 in the morning to watch a meteor shower. So when he tells me to go take pictures of the moon, I do it. Plus Max had a late nap that day and needed a long drive to persuade him to go to sleep.



I met this crazy Santa at a Twelve Timbers Christmas party that I was taking pictures for. He volunteers every year at the senior citizen center and mentioned that they always wish they had pictures of their Christmas party. So I volunteered to volunteer with him. It was a lot of fun. This man in the picture with santa is Max. What a cute name. He talked really loudly right through the prayer on the food. It reminded me a little of my grandpa. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to.

I was very grateful for the opportunity to serve that day. The lady next to me offered the prayer on the food and it was really touching. I loved the elegant language that she used. I wished I could record it and practice talking like her. The thing that really touched me though, was when she offered her gratitude for the patience that "Georgette" shows to them all every day. Georgette is the wonderful lady who organizes all of their activities and runs the show. I suppose it meant so much to me because I suffer from a complete lack of patience and it was really wonderful to hear how such a simple thing as patience has affected the lives of these people who probably aren't shown much patience in this world. It reminded me of my poor little children. And I have been a little more patient since the day this picture of Max and santa was taken. (I think santa might have been a little tipsy.)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I definitely need to have more patience with my kids. How is Emily doing? How is the baby? If you come to Price for the holidays give me a call-- Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

What a wonderful act of service you did! I want to know what Santa did to make you think he was tipsy. Did he flirt with the senior ladies? Did he forget his lines (ho, ho, ho)?

The Johnsons said...

That is an awesome picutre of the moon! I loved your post I need to work on patience these days.

Nat said...

That is a cute tipsy Santa! Patience? Patience? What is that? Is that something I need to have with my kids?!

Ashlee and Jason said...

Hey Suzy...Ashlee Miller...Ard here:) I feel like a stalker, but I happened upon your blog, and your pictures are AMAZING!!!! I totally should have had you do my engagement and wedding pictures. I wish I would have known. You are super talented!!!