1. Add 1/2 c cold water, 1 1/2 c granulated sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 c of light corn syrup into the smallest saucepan you own.
2. Turn the heat to high. Not medium high, but high high.
3. Walk away.
This is what is should look like.4. When the mixture eventually boils over, about 6 minutes, pull pan off of burner.
5. This will allow the burning mixture to catch on fire.
6. Yell for your husband. (May be substituted for any man's name with no difference to the outcome...no response.)
7. Finish off with a sprinkling of baking soda. (This finishing touch is sure to elicit applause from any young onlookers.)
Here is the finished product
My mom might have tasted this if she were here. She always burns her marshmallows over the campfire...on purpose. She loves them black and crispy. The smell in my house all night reminded me of her.
Any bright ideas for cleaning up?