Thursday, February 12, 2009

ME TURN


Randi and Jackson came to visit last weekend. We had a fun visit to the Manti temple. Randi gave Joey a haircut and when she was all done Max stood up and said, "Me turn". Some cute "after" pictures will be coming soon.






City league basketball is over now. The kids will be sad to lose that hour of playtime every week with strange kids.




My mum just moved to St. George so once in awhile we get to see family when they need to make a pit stop.


Despite the tiny patch of blood on Max's ear and the look of terror on Daymon's face, they really were having fun. I wonder if Emily had fun digging the wood chips out of Daymons hair later that night. At least it wasn't Haylee.




This has been our only attempt at potty training. I lost good sleep for this. We sat and sat and sat for 30 minutes and all he produced was a poopie the size of a chili bean. I'm not doing this. He will figure it out eventually.



Feel free to comment on the fact that he was wearing his clothes from the day before. You know you don't always put pajamas on your kids every single night. Except Emily. My parenting horrifies her. And maybe Dion.


WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR VALENTINES DAY??

11 comments:

Layne said...

I can't tell you what I'm doing for v-day, but if you have any last minute suggestions i'm sure i can fit them into my schedule somewhere.
I remember either you or emily had a tea party with luke and i in logan with either that same or similar tupperware. Dad doesn't take pit stops, he just automatically comes to your house as he is driving by.

Nat said...

Why did your mom move to St. George?

Potty training a boy, huh? I've got a few potty training horror stories that are much too graphic to share on your blog. All I can say is good luck! :)

Sarah said...

So cute, potty training is so hard. Hang in there. When are you guys going to have another one? I don't know what I want you to do for the reunion yet, maybe pictures and we will see if people want to buy a book to pay for the next reunion, what do you think? You could charge a flat rate for the night or something. Anyway, let me know. :)

Melanie said...

Kent and I are going on two Hawaiian cruises for Valentine's Day. :) Tonight is a Hawaiian themed party for the Stake Presidency and High Council and their wives and tomorrow is a ward adult Hawaiian cruise party. Kent has to drag me to parties, poor guy. I'm usually fine once I get there, but I'd rather stay home!

Aubrey said...

I KNOW that every child is different . . .BUT I did a 3 day potty training with Braden and it seroiusly worked and really only took 3 days! Not that it was a short 3 days by any means, but 3 days. He has been potty trained just over a year now and to this very day he has NEVER wet the bed. This was my first child to potty train and so I didn't know what else to expect and I have heard from people that girls are way easier than boys! Was Gwen easy? Anyway, one day he will be ready and he will let you know!!! Diapers really aren't that bad . .

DD said...

Tell Joey to get the Piano off his back when he plays basketball.
That is what Coach Gressman use to tell me. What ever that means. Or how about "I couldn't slip a dollar bill under your shoes when you jump." Should I go on?
It's amazing I have any self esteem left.

The Willdens said...

You have the cutest pictures! You are so talented! I can't wait to see max with his haircut :) I get to spend Valentines day in Salt Lake with Aaron for the day!!! I'm so excited!

Crystal said...

Probably the same things I do everyday: go to the park, cook, clean, play with kids...ok, so just go to the park and play.

NatPalmer said...

You guys have a blue toilet too!? Awesome.

kellyrass said...

Make sure he always pee's sitting down. You will thanks me for this advice later. Joey will never be able to blame Max for peeing on the wall, floor, etc.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Is your toilet really blue or is that a photoshop trick? I really love that picture of the blue toilet and feet. Can I bring my kids over for some similar on the john shots? Oh yeah, most of their feet touch the floor and they think it's gross if someone takes their picture on the toilet. So maybe I'll just blow up your boys feet and pretend he's mine.