Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oldies but Goodies


I miss my MAC. Max thinks his name is Mac. I would miss him if he were in the shop too, maybe not this much though. Just kidding. Well Joey and I finally got facebooks last night. While I was looking through old posts to find a picture of myself, I realized that in 3 years I have put up about 6 pictures of myself. And one of them is of my backside. And two of them are of huge mouthful of metal. Joey thought he might have some pictures of me on his phone. Nope. But he did have a few of himself. Oh well.

Since I have no new pictures, I thought I would reminisce.


Look at that tiny little boy who couldn't move or roll over or knock chairs down or climb on the counter to gorge himself on frosting and cheese. I have to say he is so much more fun these days.



Look at those chubby cheeks! Speaking of chubby, Gwen was trying to get out of going to bed last night and she kept saying that she was hungry. Finally she put her hands on her hips and looked at Joey and said, "Do you think I'm fat?" Her little belly was sticking out of her pajama top as she said it and I just wanted to squeeze her. Joey had a little talk with her....thank goodness I didn't have to deal with it. This morning she woke up, rolled over and said to Joey, "Mom told me that I'm fat." First of all, yes, she was in bed with us. Secondly, Max was too. And thirdly, I did not tell her she was fat. What the crap?




Remember this dress that I mod podged with scrapbook paper last year for Gwen? It has stood up to the normal wear and tear of a 4 year old pretty well. Then last week Joey was helping Gwen clean her room and I heard a loud ripping sound followed by, "Uh oh Max....Mom is gonna freak out." Not only was I not surprized when I saw that Max had ripped half the paper off of the top drawer, but I also didn't freak out. That is the good thing about a mod podged dresser, it was cheap and easy to fix.




This cute little journal of Max's has not had such an easy road as the dresser. I would take a picture of how it looks now, but who cares. The important thing is what's inside. Which is not much.


Does anyone keep a journal?
How often do you write in it?
Do you write things you wouldn't want other people to read? How do you talk to a 4 year old about weight without laughing?

5 comments:

cara lou said...

I tried to find you on facebook -- but maybe you don't have a pic up yet? Find me.

As for your questions...good luck. I don't know the answers. :/

Jennie said...

You crack me up. I love the idea of the mod podge dresser. I've got to learn how to do that. I was shocked this morning to wake up and find neither of the kids in bed with us. Yay! The weight that. That's so crazy. She sounds like a teenager already!

kellyrass said...

Today was Western Day at school. I got Ali these cute wranglers but they were sooooo tight. I asked here if they were too tight and she freaked out. She is obsessed with weight. Usually it's my weight, but lately she has been asking what size her clothes are and if it's normal! Crazy. I don't know what you can do. Girls are horrible creatures.

Layne said...

i keep a journal, i only write in it when i am sad, so not too often... cause when i'm sad i don't feel like writing.

Melanie said...

Ethan slept with Kent and I last night. We only have a queen sized bed. Yours must be a king to have 2 kids in bed with you because Ethan takes up half of our bed with the way he sleeps.

I used to be really good at keeping a journal but I wasn't always great about putting my most honest feelings in it for fear my posterity would read it and think me a horrible person! Thank goodness for the family newsletter and blogging so I have some record of my existence.