Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dirt Pillows

Here are my cakes. They all came out of the pans. Hurray!


This butter cream frosting is the most delicious I have ever tasted. And I tasted it a lot today.



Joey told me not to do the cake brown. I didn't listen. And it was hard. So I listened on the top layer.


He also told me not to do any brown polka dots. I didn't listen. I think the brown are cute, but he was right about not doing the bottom layer brown. It's not as cute.


I still need to pipe something between the layers, but they need to be transported not in layers...



While I was busy in the kitchen...

We had to bring in the shop vac to get the outdoors back outdoors. For everything the boy took outside, he brought a bucket of dirt and rocks inside.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the cake! We are going to have to get together and make one. I love the polka dots, I am going to try that next time. Thanks for the awesome idea.

Aubrey said...

Suzy you are amazing! You have such great talent. I am impressed. I would have loved a cake like that for my wedding! Aren't boys so much fun?? I am cleaning up messes ALL DAY from my duo.

The Johnsons said...

Your amazing, those cakes look so good. You need to come teach me.

patty said...

It turned out perfect. now you can take wedding pics and bake the cake too.

Nanette Gamble said...

The cake was so beautiful Suzy! You did an awesome job! :) I'm glad I got to see all of you guys today.

Melissa said...

The cake looked adorable AND (this is the most important part) was DELICIOUS! As one cake making wannabe to a now professional one...you did great!

Emily P said...

It really turned out great!
You are quite the suzy homemaker!!

Bradpetehoops said...

Lots of great things!

Elaine Goold said...

I am so proud of you! You can do anything you set your mind to!