Thursday, March 19, 2009

I HATE YOU!!

She is so obviously embarrassed to have me anywhere near her.

My daughter hates me. I've suspected it for awhile. Just the sight of me brings her to tears sometimes. really it's the sight of the brush in my hand, but it does get old EVERY SINGLE DAY...

Every once in awhile she asks, "Mom, will you be nice today?"

The other day when I picked her up from preschool I started to wonder if she had been kidnapped on her way in because every single kid was outside and there was no sign of Gwen. She finally sauntered out, didn't even look around, and just started talking to one of her friends. Finally her teacher said, "Gwen, your mom is right there." To which she replied, "I know." and still refused to even acknowledge me.

Her obvious reluctance to come home from school was a big clue, but then today she confirmed my fears when she yelled down the stairs "MOM...I HATE YOU!!"

So now it's official. My four year old is a teenager already. I can no longer do anything right and I have become the most stupid person in the world to her. (most studid, stupidest...? It's already happening.) Next she'll be correcting the spelling on the notes I leave lying around the house with a red pen. (Sorry Mom, I was a brat. I know it now.)


Where did this little girl go?



This one kind of looks like she is messing her pants....but she is still sweet.

9 comments:

Loriannie said...

In your favor, you never told me out loud that you hated me, I just assumed it. I will tell you what will work with Gwen, since she is a mini you- ignore her when she wants something from you, don't be angry, and then when she insists you acknowledge her just nonchalantly say, oh, were you talking to me? I thought you hated me. Then walk away. I promise she will follow you and then you can talk to her about the situation. It is a good thing you never told me you hated me or I would have sold you to the gypsies.

The Johnsons said...

It doesnt get any better. Shae is the same way and she is 6. Good luck is all I can say. I feel we are going through the same thing as you and Gwen

Nat said...

At least she is cute! I hope it gets better!

Randi and Jackson said...

I don't believe you little Gwen would never say such a thing.

Melissa said...

If it makes you feel better Suzy...I hate you too.


Haha just kidding

slp said...

While you and Nana were shopping last night, Gwen and I were talking and I was going to try to remember all the hilarious things she said--but now I just remember one of them. Out of the blue, she said, "I love my Mom". So I asked why she doesn't tell you so. She smiled her mischievous smile and said, "cuz I don't want her to know!"

slp said...

While you and Nana were shopping last night, Gwen and I were talking and I was going to try to remember all the hilarious things she said--but now I just remember one of them. Out of the blue, she said, "I love my Mom". So I asked why she doesn't tell you so. She smiled her mischievous smile and said, "cuz I don't want her to know!"

L. Prince said...

I hate the phrase messing your pants. To me, it sound far worse than crap or poo. Just saying.
That's unfortunate though. If you can get through it without, as mom said, selling her to the gypsies, then you'll have a pretty good relationship I suppose.

L. Prince said...

And once again, my display name doesn't clearly state who I am. This is your brother Luke. I should probably change that one of these days.
But yes, I am L. Prince. The one and only!!!