Monday, March 02, 2009

It won't be funny when she is 18....or will it?


Gwen behind bars


The other day I told Max that if he didn't stay in his carseat the cops would get us. This is the conversation that followed:
Gwen: "Yeah Max, and they'll take you to Oovy."
Me: "What is oovy Gwen?"
Gwen: "It is jail for kids."
Me: "Oh...do you mean Juvy?"
Gwen: "That's what I said, Juvy."
Me: "How do you know what Juvy is?"
Gwen: "Josh and Ali's mom told us we were going to Juvy." (Whatever works for you Kelly.)

That was the end of the conversation because I was laughing and we were ready to go. After a few minutes of driving in silence Gwen says from the back, "Juvy has baby guards." (more laughing) "I could beat up a baby guard." (even more laughing) "Mom....it won't be funny when I'm 18!"



With a face like that I think she really could beat up her baby captors.

10 comments:

Jennie said...

Nice. I'd like to see her beat up some baby guards. Ha Ha! My brother-in-law is getting married and needs a photographer. I gave him your blog address.

Layne said...

You have some silly children

Sarah said...

Hmmmmm, do you think that will still work with Madison? Could I threaten her with Juvy?

kellyrass said...

I only told Gwen that because I thought she would find out about it anyway.

Loriannie said...

Suzy,
I had so much fun with Gwen and Max but now I miss them sooooooo much!
More pictures pleaase.....EVERY DAY!!!!!

Melanie said...

Thanks for a good laugh. I can't believe how smart kids are these days!

Nanette Gamble said...

How adorable! Ethan always tries to climb out of his car seat too. He has a booster seat.

Elaine Goold said...

What a hoot! That really made me laugh! Probably cuz I've had kids in jail and even went there myself! Hey - it runs in the family - even your Grandpa Prince was in jail once. Okay, everyone, now you know - Suzy comes from a family of criminals and her daughter could teach us all a few things - let me at those baby guards!!! But wait, your great-grandpa Prince was a sherrif once, I think and your uncle Gary was a policeman in Fairbanks, Alaska - so she also comes from a family of law enforcers - so there is hope for cute little Gwen.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I think this is possibly your funniest post. Loved it.

Melissa said...

They'd probably throw you in Juvy with your kids Suz, because you still look like a kid. (That's a compliment btw)