Saturday, March 07, 2009

MY DADDY IS MY FAVORITE PAL


I'm sure everyone thinks that their parents are the best, just like they think their kids are the cutest. But my dad is seriously the best. I have always wanted to be just like him. Growing up I thought he could do no wrong...and I was right. He is hardworking, patient, generous and the smartest person I have ever known. I have never heard him say a negative thing about my mom. Even when she acts crazy. (sorry mom, it's like making fun of myself, I can't help it.)

I can remember every single time my dad yelled at me growing up. That is not an exaggeration. Ten times. He is PATIENT and has killer self control. (My kids have already lost count of how many times I have yelled at them and I have only been a mom for 4 years.) I can remember what I was in trouble for every single time too. And I can tell you that I never repeated those mistakes. I talk to my dad every single day. No matter how busy he is, he always makes time for anyone who needs him. If he doesn't have an answer to your problem, he will find it. I once called him with a camera question and even after he had answered it, he downloaded the user manual to my specific camera, just to be sure that he wasn't misleading me.

I am so excited that he is my childrens grandpa. Max loves him so much and it so fun to watch him with his "Poppy". Gwen loves him too, but Max loves him more than anyone in the world. Right now my kids are with my parents because I had a photoshoot today and no one to watch them. After I dropped them off, both kiddos got sick. Gwen is puking all over and Max is getting poop on everything. (Did I mention that they just moved into their new house 2 days ago?) My dad got up with my son multiple times in the middle of the night to change poopy diapers, wash blankets, and just to comfort him. I am having a hard time feeling guilty about leaving my kids with them because I am just so excited that my kids have grandparents who love them so much.

Recently my dad started a new career. He is now an insurance agent for Farm Bureau. I just can't put into words just how wonderful he is. I have heard him on the phone with prospective clients. He will not sell someone something that they don't need. I can't even believe that someone could be that honest. I know I'm not. If you want an insurance agent who will go above and beyond the call of duty for you and will sincerely care about you and your family, give my dad a call. His new work # is
(435) 628-3673 or his cell is (435) 650-4992. He is seriously the best agent you will ever have. He will travel anywhere in Utah to visit with you. Or you can email him at steven.prince@fbfs.com.


8 comments:

Melissa said...

That entry made me cry. I am fortunate enough to have this daddy and our equally stellar mommy coming to Clearfield to stay with me tonight. I would have to say "ditto" to everthing Suz said about him :)

Nathan and Toni Southam said...

I always loved both your parents. I don't know how your mom didn't strangle all of us little Beehives back in the day! Where did they move to?

Emily P said...

This is really true! We have the best dad!!! We are lucky kids!

Sarah said...

Your dad is an amazing guy. He has always been nothing but nice to me and they were like my second parents when I lived in Huntington. Your dad is going to make an excellent insurance agent, when it is time to renew our policy I will give him a call.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

That was so sweet, your dad really is so great. I wish I knew him better, but maybe someday I'll get the chance. I REALLY talked to him a Heather Mellen's wedding for the first time in my life and had a great time. xoxox

Melanie said...

Steven is also a great brother-in-law who is more like a brother to me. He can sure tell a good story but at the same time he is such an amazing listener. Those are rare qualities to find together!

Layne said...

I'm with suzy, he is the greatest pappa. I'd be happy being a tenth as smart and kind and everything he is.
i remember getting "yelled" at(it wasnt so much yelling as it was an extremely concerned raising of the voice) twice, and i also didnt repeat the mistakes. he's always made me feel loved and special.

Elaine Goold said...

Wow, Suzy! Nice tribute to my little brother! I think he is wonderful too. When he was little, he was hilarious! I have very fond memories of him when he was a child. He still can make me laugh and he is very thoughtful. I'm excited to have him living in the same town. But I'm afraid I won't see him much. I haven't seen either of your parents since they've been down here. I was all excited and thought we'd be hanging out together all the time, but we are all so busy.... Dang it!