Thursday, April 16, 2009

Anybody Want a Peanut?

My kids are obsessed with Princess Bride. They're not allowed to watch Hannah Montana, but we are all about scaring them and exposing them to inappropriate material. Whatever, its funny. So they were watching it in the car today and I noticed this:

What genius figured out how to make princess bride say the same thing both ways? I am amazed. I'm not on drugs, but this maybe eye stye is giving me a headache. I am off to see the eye doctor tomorrow. (Surprise Lori and Bryan...just kidding...Lori knows.)


In other Princess Bride news...here is a conversation that made me laugh:

TV: "Hello. My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Gwen: (Loud Laughter) then in an incredulous voice, "Guys...he doesn't even know about the resurrection. He thinks he won't see his father again and that's why he's sad. If I was on that movie I would tell him that after you die you get resurrected. If I was on all of the tv shows I would tell everyone that."

Another thing on my mind today...IUD's.

I have heard a disturbing number (2...but that still disturbs me) of lost IUD stories. Not blog appropriate I know, sorry. But I want to hear all of your horror IUD stories. I am making a doctor's appointment in the morning. (I found some pictures for this section of the post but they were mostly really yucky to look at.)

I cut my foot today when I pulled out a glass bowl of steaming broccoli from the microwave and it exploded. It was crazy...I'm lucky it didn't put out an eye. Thanks to my stye I have been wearing my glasses...so I would have been protected anyway, right?

Also thanks to my stye I have not been wearing make-up which makes me feel like I might as well not do my hair... I think Joey is depressed today.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

I have a friend who has a lost IUD, they want to do a cat scan to see if they can locate it. I have one and I love it, are you going to get one or just have it checked?

Nat said...

I also have an IUD story, but it is too graphic for a blog comment. I'll email you. Hair and make-up are over-rated!

Layne said...

i dont know too much about projectile physic but i think there would still be a chance that if something hit your glasses it would shatter them and you'd get glass in your eye... unless you have resin or plastic glasses then i think you are pretty much safe.

I think i'm glad i don't know what an IUD is, and i'm pretty sure i'm glad you didn't spell it out for those of us who don't know cause i probably wouldn't have commented at all.

good luck with the stye

Layne said...

i was thinking, maybe stye really means STuff in the eYE... that would me cool any how... by the way the is a companie that you can send words into and they will make them anagrams or words you can read both ways.

Elaine Goold said...

Hi Suzie, I had an IUD when I was first married and it kept sliding out - so I stopped that form of Birth Control. Then my husband's sister had one and it went through her uterine wall and she got all infected and had to have a hysterectomy before she was 20. Sad. I wouldn't recommend getting one unless they've improved them considerably in the last 36 years. My kids love Princess Bride! Course they are MUCH older than your kids, but they watched it when they were little and laughed so hard. I liked Gwen's thinking - she is certainly right!

Emily P said...

Okay, now I feel guilty about suggesting you steam broccoli as a side dish. My bowls don't usually explode or I wouldn't have told you to. On the other note, get the shot. Nothing gets lost in your body, you only have to get it every 3 months and I love it!

Loriannie said...

Wow! That Princess Bride Logo was WAY cool. I have no sty, but it still blew my mind!
I love Gwens ressurection comment. This new generation is so on top of things.

Melanie said...

I am also way impressed with Gwen's knowledge.

The best way to not worry about getting pregnant is to get pregnant.

Lori said...

Gwen!! You are the cutest! We should all be that child-like and just tell people how it is...

Nanette Gamble said...

I have an IUD and so far I haven't had any problems with it. I have the Mirena and from what I hear it is really safe.

A little bit of our history - said...

I think you should start buying the broccoli in the steamfresh bags that require NO bowls...I have had that happen. {never microwave bowls from IKEA}

Also a friend of mine claims IUD's are fantastic but I am not okay with them. I like you have heard too many things not just about lost ones but also about eptopic pregnancies taking place as well. And I think that would be just awful to have that happen.

P.S. Not wearing makeup some days is freeing! Dont at all feel bad!

Nathan and Toni Southam said...

Well I sure have a great IUD story for you! Mine was lost and I had to have SURGERY to get it out. The best part was, when the doctor was done, he told me it was resting on my intestine and I was lucky it didn't get punctured! I personally know two other girls who have had to have them surgically removed, one had to have a c-section to get it out. I know FOUR other friends of friends who have had to have surgery on them also! They are the devil! I think I am going to start an anti-IUD awarness group! I hate them. Those are just the people that had to have surgery by the way, not the ones who have had to have them removed because of other problems! PS, mine was the mirena!

Steve Brown said...

That reminds me, the Angels & Demons movie is almost out. I'm sure they'll ruin it, but I'm excited to see it anyway. Robert Langdon is nothing like a greasy-haired Tom Hanks...

{Brooke} said...

I never feel like doing my hair or makeup on any regular day! Don't feel bad. I go without a lot! Keep smiling

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Lost IUD, where the heck did it get lost to? I'll have to look it up. I've been thinking about getting one of those. I hope your flu/stye etc. gets well soon. And who cares about the makeup/hair. Your man still loves you. . .and your Gwen is so sweet. I hope she LOVES the DVDs I sent, and they keep the kids busy while you rest.