Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pig stye or Eye stye or both?

I have had poop on my hands 2 separate times today. I have two sick kids. My eye lid is swollen and sore...that might have to do with the poop. I got a thicker wire put on my bottom braces this morning. There are frozen dinners in the over right now. And I do not see putting on makeup in my foreseeable future.

But it's not all bad. When the kids are waiting for the medicine to kick in...they hold very still and make hardly any messes. My dad stopped in for a minute to say hello. Joey is still around for a few more weeks. And best of all...Lost is on tonight. (And maybe the sick kids will go to bed early despite being asleep most of the day.)


When will they bring Echo back?

What if I am getting a stye? It is really hurting. In consideration of those people who eat while surfing the internet, I chose to post this nondescript picture rather than the gooey graphic ones I saw.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Ewww...I hate styes. I once had one that burst and if that wasn't a weird feeling, I don't know what is.

I think it's so strange when people say they've never seen a cheese slicer like mine (trust me, you're not the only one). Am I the only one not living in the dark ages? My in-laws still use a good 'ol knife to slice their cheese and it seems so tedious to me. I don't ever remember not having one of these....the one I grew up with had a red handle. You can get your hands on one at Bed Bad & Beyond and your cheese slicing days will never be the same!

kellyrass said...

I had to look at her cheese slicer - I have the same one that I got from the Browns for my wedding. They always had one when I was growing up and maybe they saw me trying to steal it or something.

But I digress. Thanks for bringing the sickness to my house last night. And your welcome from when I brought it to the cabin. That was long and rambling. Maybe I will delete it later.

Melissa said...

I have been sick since St. George, and today Cameron puked in the car....again...so I feel your pain sista!....except for the stye...I don't have that...

Steve Brown said...

I looked at her cheese slicer too (before I read Kelly's comment) and I agree; why doesn't everyone have one of these? I wouldn't even buy cheese without one. And Kelly, we know you took it.

Sarah said...

I used to watch Lost, I just quit this season. It was stressing me out! I know, I'm a loser. I hope your eye gets feeling better, that sucks.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I hate those dang things. I liked Echo too, but I just with there would be a full episode of Sawyer. Brushing his teeth, stretching, chopping wood (with or without shirt). . .you know, the typical things men do on islands. OK, so I'm working on making you a 4 hour DVD of kids shows. . .and maybe I'll make two. Since I'm "working" in the same of service and sanity for others it gives me a good excuse to sit around in my bathrobe, watch toddler TV and surf the web.

Toph and Al said...

I get grosso styes all the time! I hate looking lik Eegore. This is the remedy the eye doctor gave me: Heat up a damp wash cloth in the microwave for 1 minute then put it in a sandwich bag. Apply until wash cloth cools. Repeat 4 times a day. AND yes I paid a doctor to tell me this! PS He also asked me if I had been peeing the road?!? I guess peeing the road gives you a stye. WEIRD

Lori said...

Suzy - put some moist heat on that stye. put a wet cloth in the microwave and heat it up, usually that will bring it to a head cya tomorrow!!

Lynn said...

i was actually eating, and wasn't grossed out until i read mom's comment.