Monday, April 06, 2009

"No! I want Daddy!"

I love it when my kids decide that they like Daddy better. It doesn't make me feel bad at all. It is so nice to walk a few steps behind the other three all holding hands. It's a mini vacation as we walk to the car from the grocery store. I LOVE it most of all when one of the kids throws a fit because they want Joey to be the one to buckle them into their seat. Maybe that is why I yell so much... I am pushing them away on purpose. Just joking. Maybe....right now Joey is gone and Max has decided that right now would be the perfect time to use me as a jungle gym. Instead of yelling though, I think I will go play for a little bit.


So tell me....
What is the most riveting movie for your kids? I need one that will keep the attention of a 2 year old monster for more than 10 minutes. And not one that puts them to sleep at 5 p.m. so that they won't go to bed until 1 a.m.

OR...how else do you keep your kids entertained?without having to be involved yourself? JUST KIDDING...but really...just for emergencies.


8 comments:

Nat said...

My 2 year old loves Cars. To keep my kids occupied, I let them play with Play Dough, or color. They all love that.

I also love it when my kids want Daddy.

Emily P said...

Why do you think I get so excited when Hayden gets home? It is nice to have an extra set of daddy hands! I am a bad mom when it comes to quality time with my kids so I won't give advice there. You know they are couch potatoes!

Loriannie said...

Bring them to NANA!!!!!

Nanette Gamble said...

I used to have to constantly entertain Ethan, but now he can mostly entertain himself by playing with blocks, coloring, or watching tv. His favorite shows are Diego, Wonderpets, and Hanny Manny and he pretty much likes all animated shows. I try not to let him watch tv too much, but it has been nice for a change.

Both of my boys are momma's boys so anytime they want Chris over me I jump for joy! :)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey, whatever he likes, I'll TiVo him HOURS of and send you a DVD, OK? I have 600 freakin' channels and a DVD burner. That's what I'll do for my cousin that sends me pics of toilets that I love. You just tell me what you want. Seriously.

Elaine Goold said...

Sorry, my kids had to watch Eskimos sing and dance because that was the only channel we had in Alaska! They didn't like it much! I love the photo of Joey and Max without their shirts standing on the rocks! That is way cute!

A little bit of our history - said...

Okay so my kids are loving the movie "follow that bird" Its a sesame street flick that was mine when I was a kiddo. We were watching the VHS copy until they re-released on DVD recently. Also Being Green by Elmo. They love learning about the Earth and recycling.....

Also on the not having to be involved thing....play doh is a good one. You can even make a homemade kind that is completely edible and tasty and give them some cookie cutters, tiny rolling pins and let em at it. We keep homemade crayons and paper in the middle of our table and they love that also.

Anyway I hope that helps. I know what its like to be busy and not have enough time, hands, patience, etc. TRUST ME!

A little bit of our history - said...

Oh I forgot a big one! My kids are huge into music and dancing! Download them some fun songs from the Laurie Berkner band, The Parents brand has fun music and barnes and noble has an incredible kids jazz CD I can burn for you if You would like. I just turn on the music and they could dance literally ALL day long! No joke! Ellas fave song is "aint nobody here but us chickens" and Savannahs is "Oh Yes! We have no bananas..."

We have a very interesting home life. Also magnet boards. I will be posting photos on the blog soon.