Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Old Enough to Know Better, but Still too Young to Care


Okay, let's not play games. I don't want anyone to feel bad later on when they realize that they forgot about a very special day. So I will just remind you all right now...today is my birthday. In honor of my birthday, I am going to talk about myself.

First of all...how many of you DON'T like surprises? I LOVE being surprised...and I'm always shocked to hear when people don't. Joey is a very good surpriser, so we get along well. This year my wonderful mother in law got in on the action. Yesterday Patty surprised me with tickets to see Phantom at the Hale Theatre in Salt Lake. I had never been there and it was so cute and cozy. And I loved the play. I even cried a little. (don't tell.) Thank you Patty...she is always so good at thinking of things to get me that I would never get for myself.

So what else do I love you ask? Well....


I love Huey Lewis and the News


I love fettucini alfredo

and naps

I love the history of anything. Anywhere we go, I try to find books about the place that was written by someone who really lived there. Consequently, I have a strange library...anyone want to bone up on Rock Springs?

I love kiwis

and raspberries

and the color green

and Jaguars
specifically this one...in this color.

I love reading...anything

and watching movies...except scary ones. Joey forbade me when we got married because he doesn't like me acting like an idiot when I'm scared. I did sneak in The Ring when it first came out and I still wake up in the night afraid that a scraggly haired girl is going to crawl on all fours out of my television.

I love the little boy that belongs to the voice that just peaked his head in the room and said, "I cold. Hold me. Watch Super Why."

I love Super Why and frozen waffles.

I love my family...but who wants to hear about that? Am I right?

My favorite song of all time is by Edvard Grieg, In the Hall of the Mountain King. My music teacher at Cherry Knoll Elementary School in Traverse City, Michigan used to play it for us and she would tell us the story of the boy and the Troll King. I have loved it ever since. You can listen to it here. Of course it won't be the same without Mrs. S* telling the story to the music, sorry...*the s is not to protect her privacy, I just can't remember her name.


If you want to hear more about me, you can visit my mommy's blog here. Not yet though. Before you go,
I want something from you...comments. I know there are people out there reading my blog who have NEVER commented...Karen...Lori...Kevin...the list goes on, but you know who you are. Humor me on my birthday. Some of you have already given me gifts or sent emails...leave me a comment anyway. Thanks.

You can also visit my birthday buddy's blog here to wish her a happy birthday. She has always been so nice to share the spotlight with not only me, but another cousin who was born before me. And we share a middle name because of it.

18 comments:

Loriannie said...

Yea! I loved finding these tidbits out about you. Now my turn: I love your smile with your braces. I will miss them when they come off. I love that you look like you are 16, it makes me feel younger. I love that you love to read almost as much as me. I love that you generally "get it" when I am trying to explain how I feel. I love that you love your mother in law. It gives me hope that I can have a good relationship with my son's wives.
Happy Birthday!

cara lou said...

Yay! Happy Bithday!! I will always remember your birthday. Even when we lost touch for a few years, I always thought of you on April 1. Just so you know how awesome I am. :)

It was fun to read about all these things you like!

Regarding the scary movies: I am still tramatized from watching "Arachnephobia" at your house when we were in like, 4th grade. I still think that spiders are going to crawl up my nose and eat my brain. Or out of the faucet in the bathtub.

P.S. How did I not know that you ever lived in MI. I'm like, weirded out now. :)

Julia Armstrong said...

You are super cute!! I miss you! Happy Birthday!
Julia

Nanette Gamble said...

Happy Birthday Suzy! I hope that you have an awesome day. I am glad you wrote about yourself, because there is so much I don't know about you. By the way, you do such an awesome job at photography. I was looking at your stuff on facebook and I will have to schedule an appointment to get our pictures taken with you sometime.

Randi and Jackson said...

And you love strawberries. See I know more about you, in your face. HAPPY BIRTHDAY~

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! I will always remember your birthday because we are both on the first, 2 months apart. I hope you have a great day, I love surprises too, hopefully Rory will read this and decide to surprise me on my birthday.

The Johnsons said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZY! Your birthday is one I just can't forget. I hope you have a special day.

Dunn4 said...

Oh, Suzy....there isn't anything you want to know about Rock Springs. I was born and raised there and I feel so blessed to live in Price now. Guess you can tell I didn't much like it? Hope you have a great Birthday today.

A little bit of our history - said...

Well Suzy your blog has done it again. Given me a laugh. I just love reading. I love how candid you are! Again Happy Birthday! I hope it was splendid!

Also I was born in Rock Springs so tell me of these books or what not you have on it.......I am sure there isnt much to tell besides the fact that its very ugly and windy. ha ha.

Well Happy Birthday I would love to hear of any other surprises you received today. I will be expecting a blog post.

patty said...

Happy Birthday Suzy (see blog)

Melissa said...

The coolest thing about you is that some people in your ward at the temple thought you were older than me...jk...I hope you had a great day Suz...I hope my sarcasm doesn't overpower the legitimacy that I wish you a happy birthday!

slp said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday with the phantom! It's hard to believe that it was 27 years ago that I first saw that deformed little head! I love you, Suzy!

Melanie said...

Hey Birthday Buddy! I've always been so happy to share a birthday with you! How cool is it that I have two nieces born on my birthday. Sorry you were named after me though so you have such a long name! You're great!

Layne said...

i guess i never realized how many things we have in common, i also love green and kiwis and reading anything and watching movies... but i can handle the scary ones.
i tried to call you yesterday on your birthday but your phone didn't answer so i left a short message saying happy birthday.

Nat said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had fun!

Elaine Goold said...

Hey Suzy, I love that photo of you!!! And I'm so sorry I didn't know it was your birthday! (or are you just playing an April Fool's joke??!!) Happy Birthday!! one day late. I should have read your blog yesterday and then I wouldn't be a day late. But unlike everyone else, I will probably never remember it is your birthday because I seem to be loosing my memory along with my mind as I reach 55. Well, I love you and I loved reading all about you!!!

Lori said...

Suzy, I'm hurt.....I have left a comment and I got brave and left you a Happy Birthday on the PetersenRenuionblog, a new high for me...But you have to know that I was thinking of you on your b-day, I should have texted or called but I thought I was being really great by making a pic on a blog, wow!! Anyway, hope you had a great day - we really love you and are glad you are in our family!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Happy Birthday Cute Girl. . . I got my package today and I WAS THRILLED! It was perfect and I can't wait to put it up. I'm not putting it in my kids bathroom, either, I'm putting it in mine and pretending it's my kids feet and their cute blue potty. In case anyone asks, I WILL LIE! I can't wait to take you to lunch, either! I'm glad you had a great bDay!