Saturday, April 25, 2009

Online Symptom Checker

I'm sick.

And it's not getting better...I feel worse every morning. (and so does Joey consequently)

I would go to the doctor, but I live in Richfield.

By the time I realized it wasn't just a 24 hour bug, everyone was gone for the long weekend.

If you're thinking that this isn't a long weekend, you're right. But every weekend is long weekend at the doctors office in sevier county. Starting at 11 a.m. on Friday.
(And please don't leave messages.)

Ibuprofen and Theraflu have been helping...but I think my body needs something stronger. (anyone have any ultram?)Theraflu is my moms drug of choice no matter what symptoms she is displaying. I bet she even takes it for diarrhea. I have grown to hate it. So when Joey brought me in a steaming cup of it (with double the required liquid!!) I cried just a little bit. Then when I saw on the back of the box that it comes in capsule form I laughed a little and I know now more than ever that my beautiful mother is crazy.

My mom thinks I have strep throat. Joey thinks I have swine flu. And the online symptom checker tells me I could have anything from menopause to death.

So tell me what you think...here are my symptoms:

fever
hot and cold chills
headache
nausea
achey body
random shooting pains
swollen glands
sore throat
extreme thirst (and hunger...but that could be from all the sleep.)
restless legs (maybe from all the cold medication?)

Give me your best guesses and we will see who is right on Monday if I can get into the doctor. I don't think that my chances are very high what with the long weekend and all of the sickies piling up.



I had to share this one little picture. Doesn't she look like a real life Madame Alexander doll?

20 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm going with your mom on this one....sounds like strep to me. What in the heck is swine flu?

The Johnsons said...

Sounds like Strep, That is the worst. Is there anything I can do for you? Last time I had strep I was on my death bed. You may have to go to the ER

Jennie said...

Swine flu. Gotta be. I just caught up on your blog and am laughing my head off...

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. I too think it's strep throat. I've never been sicker than when I've had that. Grandma Smith always made hot jello for us to drink when we were sick as kids. I prefer cold. If you think you have swine flu you must be watching a lot of news!

Randi and Jackson said...

Pregnant.......just a guess. Or count choculitis.

slp said...

I think it may be Legionairre's Disease! Just for the record, Mom's drug of choice is Alkasetzer Plus, not Theraflu! I hope they figure it out tomorrow and give you something to make you feel better!

slp said...

I think it may be Legionairre's Disease! Just for the record, Mom's drug of choice is Alkasetzer Plus, not Theraflu! I hope they figure it out tomorrow and give you something to make you feel better!

Emily P said...

Where was the theraflu at mom's house when I needed it a few weeks ago? I had to go buy some! I am leaning closer to death on your prognosis. Just kidding but I think it is strep. When I had that last year, I thought I would die!

Emily P said...

This is Melissa....I think it's just because you didn't want to come to my birthday party...jk...we missed you and I hope you recover soon!

Sarah said...

Love the swine flu. Now we are breeding illnesses based on the viruses ability to mate with other viruses! Yay for open-minded super bugs! Swine flu bugs like to boogie with Avian flu bugs who also like to experiment with human flu bugs. I don't think you have it because apparently if you don't get treated quickly, you die.

Layne said...

my vote is on the Flu.... or pneumonia... if it can sound like that

Aubrey said...

I will have to say it is the full blown FLU (human flu that is!) I had all of those above symptoms before and it SUCKS. I was flat in bed for 4 days. I seriously just wanted to die in my sleep. I have had step before but mine wasn't that bad, mabye I just had a mild case of it and according to other people I should be glad. Sure hope you get in to the doc and that he gives you some sweet meds to make you feel great again!!

Nanette Gamble said...

I always seem to get sick on the weekend too. It is no fun having to wait to go to the doctor. I am gonna go with most people and say strep throat. That is my best guess. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Nat said...

Yikes! I hope you all get feeling better. Hopefully it isn't meonpause or death!

Jenn said...

I've seriously never heard of swine flu until I read this post...then I turn on the radio and they're talking about it all over the place. Guess I've got my head under a rock.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Poor thing, I do hope you get better, but while you're sitting around, I entered my SIL Tiffany in a mother contest online and she is a finalist. . .go to my blog tomorrow, for the link to VOTE FOR HER. . . I do hope she wins! And I hope you get better! xoxo, Sarah

Crystal said...

swine flu. ha ha.

kellyrass said...

Piggy Flu with a little pregnancy thrown in. I believe I am right on your diagnosis and I am also irritated that you have 18 comments. I am going to make up a fake illness and see how many people comment.
The best medicine is blue powerade - I swear.

Elaine Goold said...

Suzy, what did you find out from the doctor? I certainly hope it isn't swine flu or death!!!!! Let everyone know ASAP

Loriannie said...

I agree with Kelly about the pregnant thing definitely, so quit taking medicine in general and start taking your vitamins!