Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chicken Salad Suggestions

I was in a weird mood on Sunday.  The teacher in my class actually stopped the lesson to say that I was being bossy that day. (And it wasn't Joey's sunday school class.)  I don't think "bossy" was the right word...but something was definitely going on.  This strange mood volunteered me to make chicken salad for a picnic that the YW are having today at lunchtime at the school.  

Now the below picture is way too big and I can't resize...or don't want to resize it.  But you get the idea.  I need to know if it is normal for chicken to look like this after it is cooked and before you throw it in a chicken salad.  Okay, I didn't take this picture...so it's not exactly what my chicken looks like.  But my chicken doesn't look white and juicy and delicious.  And they were chicken br**sts...aren't they supposed to be white meat?  (just kidding about the unnecessary censorship.  But I don't say breast or caress...Gwen has gotten me over my fear of the word panties though.  Go Gwen!)

So take a look at the chicken and tell me what to do!! Also...is it normal to put mustard in the mix?  It tastes funny, but that is the recipe I was given.  

Would you be mad if you were a YW leader and had given someone the assignment of bringing chicken salad sandwiches and they showed up with pizza?  

Should I bring a pizza just in case?


OKAY...MY CHICKEN ISN"T QUITE THIS BAD

7 comments:

Julia Armstrong said...

this looks like some internal disease...Please get Pizza!!

Melissa said...

That chicken is disgusting. Just go to Little Caesar's...YW don't have extravagant tastebuds...maybe Gwen can get me over my fear of the "P" word...it's still the only word I cannot say- which is making potty training Lexie difficult...

Good luck :)

Nat said...

I still haven't gotten over my fear of the word panties. It isn't a word that comes up often in my world of men. Good luck with the salad!

Jennie said...

Um. Gross. Take pizza. No one will mind. And if they do, tell them that I, as YW president, okay'd it and if they have a problem to talk to me. That's hilarious about your "taboo" words. Matt actually prefers that we say "breast" instead of "boobie." I said no way. He then actually suggested that "tit" would be better than boobie, can you believe it? Paige was asking the other day what the things on her chest were. I told her that they were nipples. And then Jameson showed her his. And then they pointed out that Mommy must have big nipples. Matt got a kick out of that one.

cara lou said...

That is the most revolting photo I have ever seen. I may never be able to eat chicken again.

Whenever I've made chicken salad, yes, it's been with chicken breasts. It looks nothing like that pile up there.

:) Good luck :)

Steve Brown said...

That looks like an electron micrograph of some fungus...

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I think I'm gonna go barf now.