Monday, July 13, 2009

Greek Festival...and bareback riding

Joey likes to take pictures of his meals...especially at the Greek Festival so that he can send the pictures to those who couldn't make it.

Look what you're missing...(yuck)

Hopefully I won't be caught making this face once these braces come off...and thanks for doing my hair later that day Randi...I needed it.


Other awesome things that happened this weekend:
Josh was baptized
Yummy food at the Rasmussens
Haylee's 5th birthday party (We were late and presented the birthday girl with an already opened gift...good one Max.)
Lots of cake and icecream...and unlimited access to Emily's candy drawer
Dallin's farewell
Yummy food at the Whitneys

Today...lots of thinking about working out...probably no actual working out


After all of Dallin's farewell guests left...we decided to wear out our welcome a little more. We knew there was nothing good waiting for us at the apartment. Paper thin walls...no dvd player...no cable...no toys...we really had no choice but to annoy the Whitneys. So then we tagged along to feed the horses. We had no appropriate clothing. Max ditched the white shirt and tie...Gwen borrowed some oversized duds...why am I always apologizing for my orphanish looking children?


As you can see...Gwen is still afraid of anything that moves...even a swinging fence.

Max is getting over his fear of being alive.





What did you do this weekend? Who else went to the Greek Festival and what gross food do you think is yummy?

7 comments:

The Johnsons said...

No Greek Festival for us. I love the look on Gwen's face, and on yours too.

Encore Dance said...

No Greeks for us this year. I love the festival but just the thought of taking my two babies in the double stroller in a huge hot crowd did not sound good. But I love love love the food!! Did they have and Cheese Peta's this year? They always run out. OH, I also love the Hamburgers at the Market Express on the way to Huntington. Try it, they are good!

Shauntel said...

We went to the Festival on Saturday. I thought it was so gross this year! Ryan went Friday and said it was better. I had the soulvaki which I normally love, but I'm pretty sure it gave me botulism. I was so ill that night! And the little fried honey balls were really soggy and sick. I was less than impressed. PLUS, they didn't do the kids games. What the heck? Don't you think they should be appealing to the younger generations? Keep the interest. We did go in the church this year, not the tour just went and looked in, have you done that? It was weird and smelled awful.

Sarah said...

I have never been to the Greek Festival. It looks like you guys had fun though. I will call you this week, since you conveniently keep losing my number.

Nanette Gamble said...

Your kids don't look like orphans, Suzy. They are adorable. This weekend we went up to my parents and played fear factor. My mom was the host and we had to eat really nasty stuff like mustard marshmallows and ketchup m&ms, so what joey was eating definitely looks better than that! :)

Jennie said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face (again). I, too, often feel like my kids look like orphans. Especially now that they're INSISTING on picking out their own clothes and Paige is refusing to let me comb her hair. I didn't do anything fun this weekend. We have Fun Fest this week. There's lots of fun things for the kids to do (according to which kid you ask) and Matt took them yesterday. I think I must have slept most of the weekend because I don't remember it...

kellyrass said...

Never use the words Greek and Bareback in the same sentence.