Friday, September 18, 2009

Homecoming...go Dino's


Tonight the Richfield wildcats are playing the Carbon dinos for their big homecoming win. (Does everyone pick Carbon for their homecoming games to ensure that the kids all have a good time at the dance?)
I've had to put up with a lot of teasing from high school students this week because I am a dino. They don't understand in Richfield that there is no school spirit or loyalty from current or former Carbon High Dinos. It is only a small sense of nostalgia that beckons me to attend the game tonight and the chance to see some familiar faces.
Richfield really is a lot like a real life Pleasantville. The whole student body is full of school spirit. The whole town attends ALL high school sporting events. Including girls sports. And it's not just because I live in a small podunk town with nothing else to do. Price is pretty podunk and still they don't get quite the turnout that Richfield does. See how this perfect little town has me defensive?

Well...who knows what this post is about. But let's hear from all you Carbon Dinos out there who are mad about this blog...or who also have no school spirit.

Happy Friday!!


8 comments:

Naomi said...

I love that you live in a little town like that! It's like in the movies :)

kellyrass said...

First of all, you are a traitor. I still have school spirit. Dino's in the front, let me hear you grunt - uh.

Secondly, who can carbon choose to play at homecoming to ensure a win? East Carbon? I think we would still lose.

Sarah said...

Cheer for ol' Carbon, Carbon will win! (cymbals crash) Fight to the finish, never give in, (drums? bom bom bom)! There are other words in the middle here that I never actually learned....then I think it's; You do your best boys, we'll do the rest boys, Cheer for the Blue & White! Fight team Fight, uhhhh (belly grunt). Everybody say Dinos you say Dinooooooooooooos!

Nat said...

The middle words are:

Fight to the finish, never give in!

I live in the traitor county, and I get a lot of Crap from being a Dino, too. Oh well.

Melanie said...

C-C-C-A-R B-B-B-O-N C-A-R-B-O-N CAAAAARBON!!!

Aubrey said...

Dinos? I didn't even know that was the mascot for them. I will admit, I did laugh when I read this post. You sound like you still have lots of spirit in you!!!!

Jennie said...

I have no school spirit. I was even a cheerleader. Everyone here is crazy about our local high school football team. People buy freakin' season tickets and it's really hard to get in if you don't. They enjoy their friday nights, we stay home and laugh that they don't have anything better to do. Of course, we end up watching TV or something retarded...so who REALLY gets the last laugh?

NatPalmer said...

Dinos Team, let me see ya lean...
A-lean-lean-lean-lean-lean-lean-lean! (Something like that. I really hated that cheer, unless I was standing next to a hot guy and could conveniently lean into him. hee hee.)

Poor Carbon. I've been to like 2 CHS football games in the last 8 years and that's because my baby sister guilt tripped me into going and she was the homecoming queen, so I had to go this year. You're right... where's the school spirit!? I have a tad, just not enough to go all crazy and buy a $10 Carbon High shirt at Wal-Mart (they actually sell those- I wonder if anyone bought any. Maybe I'll buy one if they go down to $3 or something for pajamas.) Not only am I not full of spirit- I'm a cheapskate too.