Friday, September 25, 2009

Mean Girls...and boys

My kids are mean to me. So I am mean to them. Or maybe it is the other way around. (Joey will be shocked to hear this...he thinks I am the sweetest thing since dark chocolate.) Either way though, I need to watch what I say and what I do. Even at the tender age of 2 and a half (don't forget the half...or he will correct you) kids have fully functioning brains. Well, maybe not fully functioning...

(Would you believe this is a ballet dance she is showing me?)

Gwen is 5. She whines a lot and has a bad attitude. But sometimes she still says things that make us laugh. The other day she started to cry out of nowhere and told me that she never wants to "get" a baby. She said it like getting a baby is a disease. I asked her why and she said that she is afraid that it will hurt. I tried to explain to her that you can get a big shot so that it doesn't hurt, just like at the dentist. (Yeah...just like that.) She calmed down a little and then she said..."But I don't want my stomach to look like yours...I bet that hurt a lot." I guess I should mention now that I've never had a c-section. Apparently I'm just gross.

Max got me twice in one day. Whilst eating his lunch yesterday...made by me, I asked him if it was yummy. He said, "Yeah...it's yummy. But why it so fweakin' hod?" (hod=hard, not hot) I wasn't surprised by his disappointment in my cooking ability, but I was a little shocked that he had picked up on "freakin' ". Sorry Dad...I know you hate that word.

Later that day Max was feeling disappointed in me once again. I'm not sure what I did this time, but he came charging up the stairs from the basement yelling, "You SUCK mom!!" Once again...sorry daddy.

So tell me...what is the meanest thing one of your kids has ever said to you? Or what is the meanest thing you have ever said to one of your parents?

I have always been pretty mean to my mom. I used to edit her letters, shopping lists, and notes to teachers with a red pen. I thought I was so clever, now I realize how much she probably hated me. Haha...sorry mom. I don't think I've ever been rude to my dad...correct me if I'm wrong dad.


If you are crafty or creative, look below at my Halloween costume post and give me some ideas for a homemade batman and alice in wonderland.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I got my hair cut this morning. When my oldest got home from school, he looked at me and said, "What happened to your hair? You look like Luke Skywalker!"

So, maybe that wasn't mean, but it was definitely odd.

Today my two year old stomped up the stairs yelling "Mommy mean mean!" I don't even know what I did to him!

slp said...

Can't we all just get along?

Nanette Gamble said...

Ethan hasn't really said anything too mean to me yet, but he has recently picked up the word "hate" in his vocabulary. I don't know where he got it from, but out of no where he will say stuff like, "I hate people". I was hoping he could still be sweet and innocent for at least a few more years.