Monday, October 05, 2009

Kristi Approved

I am on week 10 of a 12 week program called Live the Life by Kristi Approved. When I was first informed by my sweet husband that he had signed me up for a seminar on physical fitness that he saw on Studio 5, I was beyond mad. Seriously. I HATE to work out. Hate it. I hate it so bad that I would rather sit in my car in the gym parking lot for an hour doing nothing. (Okay...playing tetris, and who wouldn't rather do that?)

But then I thought about how I would have an hour+ to myself at this seminar. No kids fighting in the back seat, no chasing Max through the mall picking up piles of previously neatly folded stacks of sweaters. Joey would pay for signing me up for this thing while I sat and read a book with no distractions.

Anyway, it turns out that I loved everything that these physically fit women had to say. Their program sounded easy and rewarding. And a little fun.

I don't want to post my before pictures...so here are the before and after pictures of the other half of the Kristi Approved team, Trish.




(It's okay, she publishes her pictures in the manual they give you.)


These women tell you when to eat and sleep and how to do it and how much to do it and what to do at the gym and how many times. I have learned that I don't hate it at all when I know what I'm doing. The food they have you eat is good. They even give you a dvd that shows you how to do all of the exercises they are doing. Most of it you can do at home, but they also show you how to do the machines at the gym. Now I can walk into the free weight section of the gym and not worry about the meat heads watching me make a fool of myself. Cause now I know what I'm doing.

The most important difference that I have found is my increased energy and my decreased impatience. And when I am eating every two hours, I rarely forget to feed the kids. So we are all happier.

Here is Kristi and Trish is on the right. (They wear matching clothes...always.)

To hear more about their program, visit their blog, which I found kind of confusing. Or go to a girls night out and let them tell you all about it. The next seminar is on October 8th at 6:30 at Trish's home in Lehi. Click here and look at the side bar for more details. If you can't make it to a seminar you can always just buy the program and they will send you all the stuff right to your house.

P.S. My kids LOVE going to the gym everyday. It gives them a little break from me to be with the gym babysitter. And Max thinks it is school and is excited to finally have a teacher.

Do you hate to exercise?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

This sounds really cool! I hate to exercise too, but my hubby's company pays for gym memberships, and if I don't go they bill me instead. That's been incentive enough to get me there (because I can justify the money they don't bill me to buy cute workout clothes, since we all need cute workout clothes if we have to go to the gym), but all I do is run on the treadmill or use the eliptical. I could use some direction in the weights department.

On another totally random note, you and Joey were in my dream last night. Nevermind that I don't really know either of you...I know who you are and apparently that's enough for my brain to include you in my dreams. We went on a double date and you and I bought these ridiculously cheesy dresses with patterned tights. We thought we were the stuff, but we really just looked dumb. And our husbands told us so...so rude!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great program. I need to try it, I don't have much motivation when it comes to working out at home, especially now that I work.

Nat said...

I actually like to exercise, but I hate waking up early to do it. As soon as I am up doing it, I am always glad I got out of bed.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I hate exercise too. I'd love to just have a personal trainer live with me. OK, I still want to see your before and after pics.

Anonymous said...

i want to get into their program too but it seems like the website is closed. Do you know where can I join the program or get the book?

Thanks
May
thipwajee@gmail.com