Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!


My computer has been struggling. It has been freezing and then taking 20 minutes to turn back on. So I took it to the "genius bar" in Salt Lake. I have had a lot of experience at the genius bar and they have never disappointed me. Until now. I just got a phone call that my computer is ready to pick up. BUT....they were unable to copy any of my data over. WHAT??!! I have been collecting actions and fonts and brushes and scrapbook supplies and OTHER PEOPLES MEMORIES for almost 4 years now!! I cried a little after I got off of the phone. I think that I have most of the important things backed up on my external hard drive. But I haven't checked yet because I'm afraid that there will be nothing on there!
So if anyone out there wants to send me some fun things that they use when they make cards, work on pictures in photoshop, scrapbook, make calendars, etc. I would be SO grateful!! Hopefully the nice people at Totally Rad Actions and Nichole Van will let me redownload actions since those are the most expensive things that I lost.

If I have done pictures for you in the past and you are wondering now if you will ever be able to reorder any of your precious memories, email me and I will check it out. If you have made an order previously, your chances are good. I tend to transfer things over to my hard drive after an order has been made.

Thanks Carlson girls for taking pictures of us when I don't bring my camera. Mom...please send me pictures of my kids.

Happy New Years!!

What are you doing for New Years Eve? Can we come? We have no plans.








7 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Sorry about your computer. I lost all my stuff last march when mine died, I was so sad. I lost tons of pictures.

New Year's Eve we are playing Band Hero all night, its our new obsession right now. Your welcome to join us.

Julia Armstrong said...

Dang, that sucks...I'm sure it is all there on you external hard drive.
Hey, I'll be in Price for the New Year..you can come to my folks house. Games and dumplings is the plan.

Loriannie said...

I have tons of pics I can send you. Sorry about the computer thingy.

Nat said...

That is one of the things I love about being married to a computer geek. He can do anything! Sorry for your computer woes.

We are going to be staying home, watching movies, playing games, and eating junk all night. Come on over!

Elaine Goold said...

Oh my - I'm so sorry about your computer. I'd try taking it to someone else to see if they could get anything off it. I have had computer crashes before and been so afraid I'll lose everything, but luckily have gotten most of it back. Everytime I take it in, they say, BACK UP EVERYTHING EVERY DAY. But I still don't. I'm so sorry! Hopefully you've got it all on your external hard drive.

Sarah said...

That totally sucks about your computer. Have a Happy New Year, maybe one of your resolutions should be to return my phone calls!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Go to my blog today and see what you missed on New Years Eve. You really need to come to Oregon next year for my next party, OK?