Friday, February 12, 2010

My retainer hurts... and other complaints



Today I pulled a hamstring.

Joey says it is probably only strained.

Either way it hurts.

The wheels in Max's head were spinning today.

He can sense when I have an agenda and a deadline.

In addition to my long to-do list today, I wanted to leave my house clean, so that I would not dread coming home to it.

I never want to go home again.

His most random act today was filling a laundry basket with all the shoes from Gwen's closet and dumping them in the center of his own room.

And he peed in his garbage can. Three times. And once in Gwens.

"In your face Mom."

Now we are in Cedar City.

I don't like apartments.

Noisy children in apartments make me uncomfortable.

Downstairs neighbors who feel the need to teach me a lesson by banging around and making more noise than my children make me feel less uncomfortable about my noisy children.

I don't like sleeping on a cot.

With 5 year old legs by my face.

I have a headache.

I have been getting lots of headaches lately.

I thought I had strep throat this week.

So I went to the doctor just in case.

Not strep.

Shouldn't have mentioned the headaches.

I left with lab orders at the hospital for cholesterol, thyroid, pregnancy and iron tests.

I went home instead.

I promise I won't sue any doctors when it turns out it wasn't just a cold.

But please don't make me pay for chest xrays and catscans when I probably have a cold.

It's okay to be old fashioned and tell me to just buck up.

Or tell me I have a gut and need to work out more.

That really happened.

The gut part.

In his defense, he DID tell me that I hide it well.

Hiding my gut behind Max in happier days.

I wasn't even offended.

P.S. I am not pregnant. And despite his seemingly insensitive nature, I really like my doctor.

Thanks for the ride Darren and Staci! Bummer about your ticket.


8 comments:

Nat said...

I hope you get feeling better soon!

Why do you have an apartment in Cedar City?

Sarah said...

I love your posts. They make me smile :) Max sounds hilarious, I would like to see him in action. Hope your headaches get better soon.

Toph and Al said...

I love reading your blog. If you ever stop writing I don't know what I will do with my Saturday mornings!

Nanette Gamble said...

How come you are staying at an apartment in Cedar City? I'm sorry you have been having a rough time lately. I think we all have months where we feel like everything is going wrong. I hope things get better for you soon. Sorry I haven't been commenting on your blogs lately. I have been in a blog funk, but I am hoping to get out of it soon.

Loriannie said...

Max just told me daymon is mad at him and he is sorry he hit him. Daymon said,"Max didn't hit me, he tried to break my arm." Max said sheepishly, "ya."
I told Daymon maybe they needed a break from each other and he said"I can handle it."
I was laughing too hard to insist they take a break.

Elyse & Dale said...

ya know....we DO live in cedar city by that little old apartment. And i DO love those children of yours. They could always come sleep at their favorite person's house (me)so you don't have to sleep by their feet.

The Van Tassell's said...

Sounds like life is crazy, but keep smiling! You're the best at seeing the good in bad situations! I love how you're always so up to date on your blogs! Keep them coming! :)

Steve Brown said...

I bet you would feel better if you guys would just come visit us in sunny south Florida. But you better hurry because spring break is in a little over a month. ...And we're moving this summer into a smaller apartment with no extra bedroom...