Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I need speed...



Today is a bad day.

When you make the decision to fall asleep with wet hair you have to accept that the following day is going to be a bad one.

I had a bad workout today.

Gwen was late for school.

When we got there they were having a firedrill.

There was lots of confusion.

I was still having a bad slept-on-wet hair kind of day.

Translated, that means that I was not getting out of the car for anything.

Luckily a kind hearted woman helped Gwen find her classmates huddled up in the corner of the playground.

I know, I know, I'm a bad mom. But I waited around to make sure she figured it out.

That few minutes of uncertainty will only make her a stronger person.

Max is still in his pajamas.

Did I mention that he has an ear infection?

It's okay to stay in your pajamas when you're sick.

Even if they are your older sisters pajamas.

And even if by pajamas I mean glittery leggings.

I rented a movie to bribe the kids to clean their rooms.

Because we are having company tonight and I don't want to do everything myself.

It's not working.

I hear loud thumps that can only be my children jumping to the floor from the bunkbeds.

I've decided that I'm not too proud to ask for help anymore. Or to pay for it. At least not today.

I know all of my neighbors have maids.

Yet there is not a single one in the phone book. Or on craigslist. Or on KSL classifieds.

I guess word of mouth is how things get done in Central Utah.

So...please pass along the name and number of your maid or your neighbors maid. (Hurry before I change my mind.)

Don't bother if you live further north than Nephi. Central Utah may as well not exist as far as anyone beyond that is concerned.

Anyone who lives near me knows what I'm talking about.


Max cleaned the bathroom with this while I was stripping the beds to wash the sheets. It only took him 5 minutes. It took me 20 minutes to get it all cleaned up.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds like you really are having a bad day. I know some great ladies here in Price that do spectacular cleaning, but I doubt they would come to Richfield. Good luck!

The Belnaps said...

I'm sorry..I hate those days...Today is my birthday but Ellie still has it in for me. Can't she obey just one time on my birthday? Apparently not. Sorry about the maid thing...my mom has odd people all the time. Never the same person but she could give you names. Give her a call

The Johnsons said...

I think you need to get away and come visit me and take some pictures of my baby.

Shauntel said...

I think they are called cleaning ladies now? That's what we call them. Is maid rude? I just started paying to have my ironing done. Best-thing-EVER!!! Who knew that hiring someone to do something you hate so much could feel so good?
P.S. Sorry about your bad day. I feel for you.

Emily P said...

I totally would clean your house for you on a regular basis if I lived closer. I clean my house but don't love to. I don't mind cleaning other people's houses though. Good luck. Poor Max! It is no fun being sick.

Nat said...

If you find that maid, please send her my way. I feel your pain with the slept-on-wet-hair. I have it this morning. I hope your day gets better! Good luck!

Loriannie said...

Have I told you lately how much I love you?
I thought about you all my way to las Vegas!
I wish I could go back in time to do a "do over" and be a better Mom to you. Games for jobs and job assignments and bribing for jobs is always hard. If I hadn't been heading to Vegas I would have headed to your house!

Brena and Brendan said...

Suzy! You are too funny! I always laugh when I read your blog!!! I am glad to hear that I am not the only mom who has bad days and wishes she could hire a maid! So on the up side you are just helping all of us moms feel a little more normal! And hey i cannot remember if I sent you an invite to my blog? Not that it is super exciting or anything, but if I didnt send me your email address and I will invite you! By the way your pics are so amazing! I am still hoping to lose my 100lbs so I can have you do our family pictures!!! Good luck, right? I should be Living the Life!!! Instead I think the Biggest Loser needs to give me a call!!!

Aaron [air] said...

This sounds like my whole week or maybe even month. Its been CrAzY here! Hmm, I am a fabulous housekeeper that would be willing to clean your casa once or twice a month...I could use the break from my kids! ha!

I hope this week is better for you. Oh and thanks for confirming my hesitation for not wanting bunkbeds :)