Thursday, April 08, 2010

I heart Heathcliffe...


I need a copy of Wuthering Heights.

I am trying to decide which would be more practical, buying a new copy or paying my late fees at the library.

There are no copies of Wuthering Heights to be had in Richfield, except at the library.

But as it turns out, I have 5 unreturned books at the public library.

I am surprised that they haven't arrested me yet.

They will be a year late next month.

Except that I returned them months ago.

I know...still really late.

Since the books are no longer in my possession I am not sure how to go about proving that they were in face returned.

I guess a new copy of Wuthering Heights plus shipping will be more practical than paying for 5 new library books.

What is your favorite book of all time?

Mine is Gone With the Wind.

Or it was... just because it always has been.

But maybe I'm deeper than Katie Scarlett O'hara now.

I'll have to think about it.


6 comments:

Nat said...

One of the many wonderful things about having a network administrator for a husband is that he is over the county's library computer network...and we have never had to pay late fees. The bad part about it is that when they find your inappropriate Valentine's Day card (blush) in a library book, they won't let you live it down.


The Eye Book (by Dr. Seuss writing as Theo LeSeig) may not be my favorite book of all time, but I have it memorized! :)

Loriannie said...

My all time favorite book is The count of Monte cristo. A very close second is to Kill a mockingbird. I know you are surprized that I didn't say Harry Potter.
I never thought Scarlett O hara was shallow. She was determined, realistic and sometimes used her intelligence to control and manipulate men? What's wrong with that?

The Belnaps said...

Hello! Ask Alexis...she has a library in her room. I love that book too..but haven't read it since high school...as for a fav book, whatever I'm reading seems to be my favorite. Right now it's the Great and Terrible series...amazing!

Teresa said...

I have two copies of Wuthering Heights if you have not found one yet.

The Belnaps said...

PS...if you really love reading, you should consider getting a kindle...I got one for Nate for Christmas and he really double hearts it..that way no late fees and you can always find the book you want.

slp said...

If the library system in Richfield is anything like the one in Price, you'd better pay the fine, no matter how large!! You wouldn't want to be dragged to jail by the sheriff in the middle of the night, with Gwen and Max left alone at home to fend for themselves! If the sheriff does show up, beg him to let you call me and I'll hurry on up to stay with the kids.