Friday, April 16, 2010

More on Wuthering Heights...




I have purchased and read Wuthering Heights.

I didn't love it quite as much as the Masterpiece Theatre rendition on PBS.

It was hard to love the original Heathcliff as much as the one played by Tom Hardy.

Although I still love the idea of someone who would rather be haunted by you after death than never be able to see you again.

I am a bit distracted as I write this.

I am watching the 1992 version of Wuthering Heights. It is horrible.

So. Boring.

This is the last movie based on the book that I have left to sit through.

The rest were equally as miserable to watch.

I have been reading that there are plans to make a new movie next year.

I won't hold my breath.

If you haven't seen the PBS version...do. it.


And then tell me what you think.

It did more justice to the book than my own imagination could.

Joey refuses to be a part of this little obsession.

NOW TELL ME...

WHAT IS THE WORST MOVIE BASED ON A NOVEL THAT YOU HAVE EVER HAD TO SIT THROUGH?

I just started the Scarlet Letter. I can't believe that this book has been around for so long and I don't even know who the father is. Do you ever find out? Don't tell me. I could google it, but I want to wait and see. I will definitely not be watching Demi Moore play Hester Prynne. Blah.

12 comments:

Randi said...

Avatar hands down.

Loriannie said...

Harry potter 4- you knew I would say that, right?

Nat said...

Where The Wild Things Are. What a stupid movie!

Nat said...

...although I guess Where The Wild Things Are isn't a novel. Oh well. The movie was still dumb.

patty said...

You need to watch the 'original' W H with Lawrence Olivier. He's the ultimate Heathcliff.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I'm obsessed with Pride and Prejudice right now. I've watched the 6 hr. BBC version, the new version and last night, the BOLLYWOOD version. Tonight, I've got the B & W version from the 40s or something. They are all wonderful. I've seen them all about 4 times and now I have a new daughter to enjoy them with (my foreign exchange student) If I could just read the book, I'd probably be in heaven. I've checked it out and it's waiting for me on my night table, but it's SOO FAT. I like short books that I can read in a night or two. Something is wrong with me on many levels!

KayTee said...

Twilight..... I won't even buy the movie and have only seen it twice. The second time was to make fun of it and it only made me angrier. Hey, do you like the Jane Austen movies? They are pretty good don't by PBS and Masterpiece Theater (I think), Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, etc. The ones remade by Hollywood are not that great the ones that don't have the well known actors are pretty good.. Just my opinion. :)

KayTee said...

Don't is supposed to be DONE by. I love the BBS and PBS versions of those. The way I wrote it makes it sound like I don't like them. That's why I should start proof reading my stuff. :)

{Brooke} said...

Hey there! I'm going private. Leave your email on my blog :0)

Luke Prince said...

I think the book of mormon movie was horrible!! When I read the BOM I think of all the cool stuff that they could do if they had a good budget. It's just like the Wuthering Heights movies. You should not try to recreate it if you don't have the budget or the right actors!

Lynn said...

I agree with Luke. That movie is awful, but the book is my FAVE.
My favorite character and part of the Fellowship of the Ring is Tom Bombadil, and he's not in the movie, which was a letdown for me when I watched the movie. Oh well.
I haven't seen the film versions of Wuthering Heights, but I read the book twice. The more-than-bitter bittersweetness of Emily's tragedy captivated me and I couldn't put it down for a while. I have forgotten so much already though--i'll have to read it again!

marion said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://businesseshome.net