Tuesday, August 10, 2010

#7 Oops...


I threw away Joey's graduation papers....again. Oops. It happened on Friday but I just realized it this morning. Too late for the dumpster.

Joey is done with summer semester and has a few weeks until fall semester starts. Today was a long day for him. By the time "dinner time" rolled around, I think he had had enough of me.

It is no longer cute or funny to not cook dinner every night. And apparently "dinner" cannot be chili mac or cereal more than once a week. (Or maybe ever). Oh well, I had a long run.

The still half frozen fish at 6 o'clock really did me in. And when I finally got out some frozen pot stickers to go with the baking sheet full of frozen stuff that he was making, he didn't love that I had to ask him which directions to follow. Ahhh.....



If you are reading this...please tell me what you are making for dinner tonight, or this week. Please include detailed recipes and pictures of the whole process if possible. Please do not direct me to awesome cookbooks or sites with recipes. I need to know what real people are making and what their real families are willing to eat. And say a little prayer that the cooking classes at the college will have lots of drop outs so that I can get in. (I am on a long waiting list).

8 comments:

patty said...

Go to BYU TV and watch some episodes of Food Nanny. I think she has some good ideas and she's fun to watch.

Kikal said...

Well, I'm too lazy to write about a recipe. What I came here to say is that you have an awesome stove. Good luck.

Loriannie said...

Suzy,
You are NOT that bad of a cook. You can call me ANY day and I will give you 3 or 4 ideas based on what you have in your house and will walk you through it step by step. I think the only issue is planning ahead to make sure you have basic ingredients. If you want me to send you a basic ingredient list, and this advice has not ticked you off, let me know.
I agree that many cook books have recipes that everyday people don't eat.

Randi said...

Tator tot casserole. It's Jackson's favorite, and easy. So it's a win win.

Sarah said...

I hate to cook too. Husbands, so demanding :) I have a ton of super easy recipes that take minimal prep time. Call me and I will give you all that I have.

Amy B. said...

1 cube of butter
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup pre shredded mixed italian cheese (bag from store)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Melt butter on stove. Add cream and garlic powder. keep on medium heat (not boiling) and add cheese. Melt cheese completely and pour over 1 lb of cooked pasta (any kind, we like the curly ones)

Voila...Pasta Alfredo in about 20 minutes!

BTW, I'm Nate Belnaps sista...I saw your blog on Ashley's...

The Johnsons said...

I can email you a few 0f our favorite. Let me know your email. I love your stove by the way.

Melanie said...

I make pasta A LOT! I also make meals that freeze well so I can cook a large quantity once and have a few back-up meals ready to take out of the freezer and throw in the oven.
-Spaghetti Sauce
-Soups
-Casseroles
-Chili