Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back to Reality...kinda


Here is another picture of my cute little baby. It's too late at night to think about what other pictures I might have to post...so this is it.

I kind of slacked on posting for Joey everyday. Sorry. I will do better next week.

This week was kind of hard. The sleep deprivation is catching up with me. It was ok at first. Now it's not as fun to wake up in the middle of the night.

It's even worse when it is for reasons other than feeding a teeny tiny baby. (Like growing pains and wet beds.)

Also this week I feel like the world expects me to be fully functional again. And I'm not ready for that. I still want to be babied and for people to ask me how I feel and bring me dinner.

Oh well. I do have a cute neighbor that takes Max to school and she came early this week so she could hold the baby. I liked that. (Yes Max only has school once a week. Darnit.)

Yesterday while Cash was sleeping, Max was kissing him like he does every second of the day. He sat up and whispered to me, "Mom...sometimes I feel like I really need to bite Dad hard on the cheeks. And now I feel like I need to bite Cash's lips. But I don't think I should."

Don't you ever just get an uncontrollable urge to bite something....really really hard?


5 comments:

Elyse & Dale said...

I just died laughing.

That baby boy is BEAUTIFUL.

Jennie said...

He has to be just about the cutest kid in the world. I'm glad he was able to supress his urge to bit his little brother. He must be growing up! You only feel that way because you live in Utah where people have babies all the time. Out here, it's kind of a rarity. So I think most people don't expect you to be "normal" until the baby is at least a year old....at least that's what I always tell myself. ESPECIALLY when you have THREE. Yes, three is considered a big family....my neighbor's house is for sale by the way...

Emily P said...

Max makes me laugh. I still laugh when I think about him carrying Cash up the stairs. Cash is so sweet and cuddly looking! I miss that cutie! Donavyn can tell you about his urges to bite everything. He eats everything he shouldn't. Books, the nerf Wii wheel..........everything.

Encore Dance said...

I sometimes want to drive into oncoming traffic...does that count? He's soo cute!

patella2 said...

Nobody expects you to be functional yet! After I had Micah, I parked in the "maternity" parking spot. I figured I could argue that the month after delivery was far more handicapping than pregnancy. =) And Jennie is right, it's only a Utah thing that you feel you have to be normal again a week after delivery. You're doing great. =)