Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mug Shots






This cute girl is Miss Sevier 2010-2011.

I just finished up some pictures of her for her upcoming pageant.

They asked me to send this headshot to the newspaper today.

So I did.

When I sent it I asked that IF there was room to give credit, that I would appreciate it.

A few times I have had pictures printed in this particular paper and someone else was thanked for contributing it.

So right away I got a response from the editor that said,

"We don't publish photo credits on mug shots."

What does that mean?

Of course right away I am insulted and assume that it means that I am not professional and my picture is not up to par for a headshot or something like that.

I'm sure it was not meant like that at all, but sometimes we should think before we speak and/or write. And that is why I am blogging about it rather than sending an offended email in response. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she meant nothing offensive by what she said.

I also thought it would be funny to see some really old pictures that I took of this same gorgeous girl. Her family have been my very best customers since I started taking pictures for other people. So here are a few from our shoot a few weeks ago and at the bottom are a few from our shoot in 2007 when I had my studio set up in the long hallway in my basement. I know I still have tons of room for improvement, but it is encouraging to see how far I've come.








This shot made it onto my first business cards. Haha... those were the days when I didn't worry about backlighting. Don't worry...I didn't charge for these.


2 comments:

patella2 said...

I'm sure "mug shot" is just a term they use in the newspaper industry. I'd still be a little offended though. Great pictures!

Loriannie said...

It's fun that your royalty chick has a progression of pictures as she is getting older. I love her new hair color. The older pictures are good too Suzy, quit being so hard on yourself.