Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sleepy


We have a sleepy household.

If only we could all agree to sleep at the same times, it might all work out.


(Joey saved Cash from a cryfest that I was allowing to go on for too long.)

This little boy is getting CHUBBY!
(Not Joey)

I hope it sticks.

His little clothes are all looking kind of silly on him now.

I didn't think I'd have to sort through the MOUNDS of clothes my sister gave me for a few more months. (Thanks Emily)

One little question:

Cash throws up A LOT.

I don't know how he gains any weight because he throws up every single time he eats and it looks like he is getting rid of everything he ate. He must not be, but I am getting kind of sick of it. He has his 2 month check up in a few weeks so I will make sure and ask the doctor, but sometimes moms are smarter than doctors. So....does/did anyone else have a baby who spit up unusually a lot? Were you nursing? What did you do? Live with it? Change what you were eating? I eat everything, so........

Ok. Help me.

Also...does anyone have a bumbo they won't be using for a few months?
I lent mine to someone and I never got it back.
(Maybe I should post about a baby who ruins everything with his puke AFTER I've successfully borrowed everything I need from everyone.)

11 comments:

patella2 said...

David spit up (threw up) tons. It was awful. It seemed to get better when I laid off the dairy products. I drank soy milk for a while. He also might have reflux if he's fussy before he spits up. You can also try propping up his crib on one end so he's not flat on his back at night. Looking back, I think he may have spit up so much simply because he ate so much...
I have a bumbo you could borrow, but I won't be in your town any time soon...
-Alicia

Andrea said...

Maycie threw up like crazy too. It was horrible. I tried to quit eating dairy, spicy foods, everything I could think of or read about. I was nursing her and ended up trying formula and her spit up got so much better. There was only one brand that she didn't puke up (Good Start), but it seriously saved my sanity. Good luck!

kellyrass said...

I hope you didn't lend your bumbo to me because I'm not even sure what it is.

The Johnsons said...

Kaecee threw up everything, she was a very hard baby. Finally I demanded the dr do something. He finally put her on a acid reflux med, it helped tons. Hopefully you can get some help with that.

Randi said...

You can use my bumbo. And it's blue, not pink so that is a plus. So you better come to Price to visit and come get it. Carson puked all the time, and he was really fat. I think he was eating too much or I was feeding him too often. I love Cash, I want to pinch his cheeks, so get down here!

Nat said...

My #4 was a puker. I'm not kidding. We'd have to burp him with a bath towel. He was (and still is) super skinny. I was nursing, and things started to get better when I cut out fresh veggies and other things with lots of fiber. That helped a little but the thing that helped the most was Zantac. He was still super skinny, but at least he was able to hold down what he ate.

Good luck!

suzy said...

Thanks guys! Now I will have a few things to ask the doctor on Monday! I've found that usually with doctors you have to come to them with something and they will usually do whatever you want, but if you have no idea what you want, it never ends well. Did that even make sense?

The Adams Family said...

I know you got other offers, but I have one you could use too...mines purple though..but it has a tray too so that's a plus:) Are you going to St george for easter this year? If you end up wanting to borrow it I can bring it there even if you borrow one of the others I can bring the tray that goes with it.

Nanette said...

All of my babies spit up a ton, but Colin spit up the most. I think it was because he had straight breast milk. I tried to get the doctor to figure out what was wrong, but he insisted that he was fine. I switched to formula when he was 3 months old and I added rice cereal to his bottle and that helped him a lot.

Emily P said...

Daymon and Donny were both bad pukers. I would sit Daymon up after he ate to burp him and it would come right up. Donavyn was worse when he was older. It was acid reflux and Daymon was over it by about 4 months. Donavyn had to get medicine. I know this probably doesn't help.

Emily P said...

Daymon and Donny were both bad pukers. I would sit Daymon up after he ate to burp him and it would come right up. Donavyn was worse when he was older. It was acid reflux and Daymon was over it by about 4 months. Donavyn had to get medicine. I know this probably doesn't help.