Thursday, July 07, 2011

Lifetime Fitness





Well....

We moved.

It's still too painful to talk about.

So instead I will talk about one of the positive things about our move.

Our new gym.

Lifetime Fitness.

Not to be confused with our old gym in Richfield, Lifetime Fitness.

This place is amazing.

1. They watch your kids up to 2 hours a day.
You have to stay at the gym. BUT...there is a pool and a hot tub, a cafe and a salon.
So far I haven't dared to drop my kids off and doing anything but work out.
But I will...

That's about it. They watch your kids for 2 hours...everyday!

There are other perks...like parents night out where they watch your kids for 4 hours and you don't even have to be there!

There are also swim lessons and healthy food and delicious smoothies. You really could live there. I think I've showered more at the gym since we moved than at my own house. And it's more because I'm not showering much, not that I'm showering a lot at the gym.

Right now I'm on a strict regimen of 45 minutes of cardio 4 days a week.
It's killer and I'm not really doing it, but here is how it happened.

Joey and I went into the gym to meet with a personal trainer.
It's mostly so they can have one on one time to try to sell you stuff.
But they also test your skills.
Like stretching skills.
And how strong your muscles are.
And how out of breath you get after walking for 5 minutes.
And how much body fat is on your stomach.
And you have to lift up your shirt.
And the "testing center" is in the middle of the gym.
And I just had a baby.

I didn't do well on any of the tests.
It was way worse that I made Joey do it with me.
Did you know he only has 10% body fat?
It's true.
And after walking for 5 minutes his heart rate is as healthy as a 25 year old.

That is how I got on a strict regimen of 45 minutes, 4 days a week of cardio.

A few weeks ago I thought I would mix it up a little and swim laps for my cardio. Because it sounded like a lot more fun than running or walking or rowing.

I was wrong and it was embarrassing.

Half way into my second lap I realized that I wasn't going to make it back to the edge. But what do you do in that situation? Walk? Yes. You do. And then you get out as gracefully as you can manage and slip into the hot tub. And you hope that no one else notices that the whole ordeal took less than 3 minutes. Yep, there's a giant stopwatch on the wall.

Stay tuned to hear all about the people I've seen at the gym.
And who my kids have sat on.
And which of my kids has gotten bit and who has contracted pink eye.

6 comments:

Shauntel said...

Maybe I'll see you there. I feel like we live there too! I thought I saw Joey today, but I was like nah, he doesn't live around here. Maybe it was him? Ryan and I meet with a trainer and love it. He works us over! I love the child care center. I get my hair done at the salon now. I can actually get my hair done. It's nice. We've never done the parents night out, but it's a great option. We take JR to the rock wall, you have to be 5, but he loves it. The cafe it all right. I think the smoothies are good, but the food is so-so. I do love eating out at the pool though. Hope to see you there!

Nat said...

Ewww. Pink eye.

Ewww. Cardio.

Yeah, I'm totally in need of that, too. That's why a friend of mine and I decided to run a marathon.

Where did you move?

The Belnaps said...

I'm totally still sad that you have moved...lame. But that gym just might be worth it..I mean hello the one down here still charges you to watch your kids..double lame. Not that I go anymore..now that I am to fat and prego to do anything extra in my life. Hope you are adjusting and it was good to see you guys on the 4th..sorry we started your bushes on fire:)

Nanette said...

Where did you move to? I go to a gym and they also will watch my kids for up to 2 hours a day. It is so wonderful. I've also seen some very interesting people.

Elyse.Beard said...

That sounds like a sweet gym! I'm shocked you blogged. I'm also sad your moving. But I get to see you in T-2 weeks!!! Woo woo!!

Ps. Cardio sucks balls

{Brooke} said...

Susie you crack me up!! Although that was not me you saw at the gym, it was nice to see you at the shower. We should really get together more. I love the time with our family